I guess I'm a wagon guy.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by dcris, Aug 29, 2009.

1. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    As I saw in someone elses introductory post, I too stumbled upon this site looking for info/pics of a Fury station wagon. A 63 to be exact, as this was the family car upon my arrival into the world.

Going over my list of cars owned, past and present, I've come to the realization that I am a wagon guy. My first wagon owned was a 93 Saturn SW1 with a 5 speed manual, second was a 93 Mitsu Diamante, third, a 1995 Mercury Sable which had many options. Among them were leather interior, Webasto power sunroof (and power everything else), 3rd seat, digital dash, auto headlights, 4 wheel disc brakes. This car, sadly, ended up in the hands of my stepson as his first car and he basically destroyed it. :(

My present car is a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6 with 4Motion (AWD) and Tiptronic transmission. Here she is:

[​IMG]

And if I'm ever fortunate enough to win the lottery (or score a really good job) and this becomes available in the states, I'd want one of these:

[​IMG]

:)

2. Glide-Aways

Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: dcris! Thanks for joining us! Yup, you're a wagon guy for sure! :) First important step is admitting it :rofl2: Nice looking VW wagon, btw! Do you drive it all year-round?

What's the pic beneath your VW...the one you said you would want if you won the lottery?

Glad to have you aboard!

3. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    oops!!!

I do drive the Passat all year round. I look forward to winters with it. The AWD system works so well.

The second pic, the "lottery car" was supposed to be one of these:

[​IMG]

4. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    We just came back from grocery-getting and saw a new 2 door Audi sedan with that pearlescent paint in a dark ivory. My wife wanted me to follow him, but he turned and poof! Gone!:biglaugh:

5. Homestar62

Homestar62 New Member

Welcome dcris!
    There are some good folks posting here.(y)
    The rest of you know who you are.:rofl2:

6. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks all for the warm welcome! :banana:

7. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    On another forum I'm on, someone posted this:

[​IMG]

I wondered what it would take to do that to mine, which is how I stumbled on to that picture. I don't think the wheels go with it. I think these would work with it though: [​IMG]

I don't have fancy alloy wheels on my VW, only 15" steelies, so they would work.

8. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

I have a 2002 Passatt wagon myself, and I don't like the idea of wood-like paneling on it at all. Not only because I think the wood trim would be out of place on a modern European wagon, but also because I just don't think it looks good. On the other hand, I would gladly take a 60's American wagon with the wood like trim. A 70 Sport Satellite wagon, or a 66 Monaco wagon, or any early to mid 60's Country Squire wagons. On those wagons, the wood like trim looks "right". Even on a new PT Cruiser, the woodlike trim looks right since its a retro design. But on a Passatt? No, I don't think so.
    Welcome aboard. I hope you find your 63 Fury wagon. The last one I saw for sale was at the Carlisle Chrysler show and it was a very clean restored stock station wagon. But it was priced over $20,000.00. I thought that was a bit steep. I think it was a 318 car.

9. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Being a daily driver, the Woody Passat is very unlikely to happen. With the "ratrod" craze spreading, my curiosity got the best of me. I think it started when someone referred to it as a "truckster". The disc caps still might look ok. My photoshop skills are not quite up to doing that to see what they'd look like.

I did a really bad photoshop of woodgrain on my car but I deleted the picture. No great loss there. I did, however, come up with some more pics to share, the first is a modern day "ratrod" inspired car, the second, a wagon which I will guess that without searching this site, no members have one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shouldn't leave this picture out, as it is relevant to this forum:

[​IMG]

10. Steve-E-D

Steve-E-D Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi dcris and welcome.

I've seen plenty of truckbed -> trailer conversions, but never seen anything like this. Very cool idea.

11. danb

danb New Member

Wagon Garage:
    hey... if you're interested in a '67 Fury Wagon I may be able to help you out! :yup:

12. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    OK, a couple more pictures from my collection. These two were from a local German car show.

[​IMG]

This was among several choices of custom Europlates I was considering, until I saw it on this car. Maybe GRCYGTR will do. :)

[​IMG]

13. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:...old or new...you is a wagon guy(y)

14. dcris

dcris New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks, but not looking to buy...I was just looking for a good pic of representative of the family truckster that my we had when I was born. IIRC, it was light blue and from my online research, a 63, and I even remember the license number of ITO-604. I still don't know how that got burned into my brain. :coco:

15. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

Welcome Chris. Nice Passat. At least the Europeans still know how to build wagons.