1966 AMC Ambassador wagon

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jaunty75, Jul 1, 2018.

1. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Black on ivory with a red interior looks lovely. That was one of the last attractive Ambassadors.
    Would like to have had a dash close-up, though. This is probably what one looks like

[​IMG]

3. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    If you look closely at the pics on the listing, you'll see that the trim strip is not white but a light woodgrain. Check out the wagon pic in the '66 Ambassador brochure at

http://oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/AMC/1966_AMC/1966 AMC Ambassador Brochure/image7.html

In that picture the woodgrain looks quite a bit darker. I don't know if it's been replaced on this car, being AMC, they might have used woodgrain of different shades in different parts of the country or at different period of the model year.

Is there a $10K collector car market for AMC wagons? As I understand it, they usually don't bring as much as the big 3 If there is such a market, it looks to me like this car would either have to right up at that level or very close to it.

4. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I'll bet, he'll get at least that much, despite it not belonging to the Big Three. Much more, if it was auctioned outright. It has the last of the heavy cast series engines, a factory tachometer and is unique and rare. If it were a '71, for example, he'd be lucky to get no more than two grand in good condition

5. JohnE

JohnE Active Member

Poison_Ivy likes this.