Key Parts 2-inch Cowl-Induction Hood, Part # 0829-035 - B-Body Wagon

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by 81X11, May 17, 2018.

1. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I've seen many over-the-top custom hoods bolted on our wagons and sedans. I've seen fiberglass ones that look good in pics or from a distance, but that are wavy and fit and look terrible up close, and also hoods with huge hood scoops or giant/TALL cowls that actually really cheapen the looks of these classy old cars. I'm a big believer in tasteful mods...no Pep-Boys or JC Whitney mods... I have to say I really REALLY like the look of these new 2-inch steel cowl-induction hoods from KeyParts, # 0829-035. Fit looks great, steel so they bolt up like a factory hood, and they look very stock-ish, especially on an Impala SS.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found one guy filled in the middle rib on the hood too. That looks REALLY good:
    [​IMG]

I seriously would like one for my wagon, but I actually really like my big and goofy '96-only Collector's Edition stand-up round hood ornament, and would miss it...and could not bear to drill into a $400 hood to mount it...besides...think that might look goofy on a cowl hood (but didn't Oldsmobile have a cowl hood on a Cutlass with a stand-up ornament at one time...'85 442?....hmmmm...).

Anyway, I really DO like this hood a lot!

-Texas Mike

2. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I like it with the middle rib. And here I thought you had the best looking roadmaster in the country. That one looks pretty tough. Get it, drill holes for the hood ornament! You can do it!! Another minor problem would be getting it painted properly. That might be another few bills

3. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Yeah, if you're gonna go cross-town or cross-country in that Urban Assault Vehicle of yours, you're gonna need to put a gunsight reticle on that hood. The TLAR sight (hold up your thumb, mutter "That looks about right,") is obsolescent.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That's the first A/M cowl hood for those that I like. Any dome over 2" just looks out of place on a nice street vehicle.....IMO.

5. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I tend to agree.

Sounds like you have a bit of a conundrum Mike.
    I think the 2" cowl hood would look cool with a hood ornament.