1983 Mercury Capri

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Mar 27, 2018.

  1. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
  2. Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    11,094
    Likes Received:
    3,485
    Trophy Points:
    706
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Feeding effigy ice cream to Dogzilla
    Haven't seen a basket case of this vintage Capri at all

    [​IMG]
     
  3. KevinVarnes

    KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Messages:
    3,372
    Likes Received:
    407
    Trophy Points:
    210
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI
  4. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    I always liked the Fox Capri, I guess mostly because in the 80's everyone had a mustang and I always had.have a soft spot for the Mercury's. I do remember when this rear end style came out............

    [​IMG]

    ...... did nothing for me then and still doesn't, bubble window, tail lights that look like they don't fit the car.

    I always liked the mild rear quarter and front fender flare ( if that's the correct term) that the mustang never got......

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    And much preferred the Capri tail light to Mustang, I swapped them out on my daughters Mustang and they looked a lot better.

    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]
     
  5. KevinVarnes

    KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2010
    Messages:
    3,372
    Likes Received:
    407
    Trophy Points:
    210
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I hear you on the bubble back window. I used to hate it, but I kind of like it now. Especially given how rarely you see these driving around these days. I've never been much into Mustangs and Camaros, but I could make an exception for one of these things.
     

Share This Page