Talk me off the ledge

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Grizz, Jan 14, 2018.

1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I'd say that if the car checks out mechanically and there aren't any hidden surprises it's a pretty amazing deal.
    It can be a win for both of you.
    I can understand you not wanting to let the wagon go, but this may be a great opportunity.
    If it were me I would check it out at the very least.

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    I'm sure, ModelT1 is looking forward to a second round. Make sure you get it on film. I'd love to see him kick @$$ again.
    Stop getting nervous about the old Chrysler. It's not a space ship. But, just a simple straigh forward old school old car. There's no where to hide surprises, on those things. Either they drive right or they don't. Besides, you've got ModelT1 as a hostage, if the deal goes sour. Arial burials shouldn't be new, on Granny's Peak:clap:

ModelT1 and OrthmannJ like this.
  3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I just had a birthday party with our daughter's family and the oldest son was over yesterday. So I'm ready, packed my bag, got on my best underwear in case of accidents, and checked the maps. Grizz if you and your brother git lost or are busy fuedin, I kin drive............. maybe. We'll stay off Granny White Pike and mostly travel I-40, or someplace close.
    "Model-t and this guy are old pals and he’s pretty trustworthy." As for being trustworthy, maybe Bruce is but at my age I can't gaurantee nuthin.
    What's amazing is I haven't been many places and know few people yet everywhere we go and often when things come up I know the people involved. This may be good or maybe I just know the wrong people!

Poison_Ivy and Grizz like this.
  4. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Well it’s happening... wagon is loaded up and ready to go... it had two flat tires which it means it knows something is up and doesn’t want to go. I keep explaining that it’s going to a good home where it’s going to be pampered and loved but I’m still kinda sad. My 4 year old started crying when i told him what was happening. He said “nnnooooo!!!! I love that wagon!!! I promise i won’t tear it up anymore” poor little guy. Its too dark for pictures but I’ll keep y’all posted. My brother has to work so I’ll be going it alone. How far away are you model-t? Does your wife let you take trips with strangers?! Sure would be nice to have a driver so i can sleep, drink beer, and scream obscenities at wreckless drivers

ModelT1 likes this.
  5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    As long as the stranger isn't Dolly Parton or Dagmar Donna. Or is that why you left your brother home, so that he doesn't get in the way between you both while ModelT1 does the driving

6. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    My wife has been reading these posts. I'm bigger than her but she says I can't go with that crazy hillbilly. She even took my credit card and driver license.
    Probably for the best. I'm roughly 300 miles NW of Nashville and I'd be yelling obscenities at other drivers too! That could cause trouble if some of those drivers were Tennesse State Troupers. Cops upset me. They all drive in the passing lanes.
    Tell Bruce to treat you fair. I know where he lives. We'll watch for updates this spring.

Grizz likes this.
  7. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Dolly has plenty of cash. She doesn't need your card. She shouldn't prove troublesome about picking up the tab for Grizz's and her beers. Promise her you'll take her for a spin in that Chrysler. You won't forget how to drive, as soon as Mrs. T confiscates your document. Go on and grow back that set. Go out that door and jump into the wagon, before it gets another couple flat tires. He's waiting, Sir
    It wasn't it. She did it, by sneaking out of the house, while you both were asleep and then stuck your tires, because she didn't want it to go:

[​IMG]

Grizz, MAK and ModelT1 like this.
  8. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Dolly has plenty of cash but Dollie doesn't. Dolly's birthday is on the same day as mine but we've never celebrated together.
    As for cute little girls, I don't trust them. My oldest son brought me a dozen glazed donuts and a box of donut holes as a birthday gift. The little three year old ate most of my donut holes. This is the same cute little girl that gave me the flu.
    All she does is laugh and say "I love you grandpa."
    Sneaky little monsters, all of them.
    About now Grizz is either loading his new toy or jumping off one of those Tennessee ledges all around Bruce's house. At least it looks like it's a nice day for a ride in the mountains.

Grizz and Poison_Ivy like this.
  9. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I drove all the way up there and the guy backed out. 10hrs of driving $200 for gas and trailer and the low life gets cold feet. I would go into more details but I’m still seeing red. What a piece of trash

ModelT1 likes this.
  10. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    If it's parked outdoors, I wonder what the look on his face would be, when overnight it's missing. Even, parked in a garage, it's not impossible. In fact, easy for those who know what they're doing. I'm not implying that you should do something like that. But, generally, it seems that he's pi$$t off plenty of serious buyers, out there. So, who did it?
    That jerk has been playing stuck up not only to you, since he's had that car for sale for that long and it's still there

ModelT1 likes this.
  11. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Grizz
    I'm sorry, once drove from here to Toledo (9hrs each way) to pick up a Crossfire Convert - sold the day before, even though they knew I was coming.
    As I type this - the rage still comes back like it was yesterday 9 years later
    I feel your pain.

ModelT1 likes this.
  12. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Grizz

We've all spent money and gone out of our way, only to find what we went to get was junk, the people lied, or backed out. Sad to see it happen yet the only way you knew Grizz, was take that chance.
    Just hope you don't go jumpin off a ledge. Sadly I sort of knew the guy, saw pictures of him and his home, and some of his toys. If I was the one making a trade, I'd driven there too.
    I suppose the silly question is was the car worth having had the deal gone through?

13. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    I liked it. The inside was completely ragged out and it looked like he painted the outside with a roller brush but i still liked it. I really liked the 330 polyshere Motor with “spitfire” on the valve covers. I’ll find something better. It’s just a matter of time. I was kinda feeling a little regret the whole way up there just staring at the wagon in my rear view. On the way back i was so mad i kept seeing the wagon in my rearview and a couple times started to lose it because i thought someone was tail gating me! Had this been a younger man that i felt was sturdy enough i would have attempted a brief flogging but this poor guy was too old and fragile. Next time I’ll be sure the guy brings some kind of deposit for my troubles. Live and learn and drink beer. I’ve got a 67’ c-30 with a Chelsea PTO for a dump bed. Been thinking about selling it or trading to achieve my goal of getting 60-80 year old automobile.

ModelT1 likes this.
  14. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Your son will be happy!

Other than that.......................... :drink:Live and learn and drink beer.:beerchug:

15. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    So, he's playing the age card, so as not to get a whoopin'. I guess, that's the live and learn part of it. I used to see people play the medical card, at work, when they attempted to back out of snitching and back biting.
    An agreement through e-mail is legal enough to get him sued for your time and expenses. Had this been made clear to him, including laying your title in front of him and hooking the winch to his frame, this should have waken him up. Let him call the cops. As long as the car's still there, there's nothing he could do about it. The cop would also have been pissed about the welched deal.
    It might have turned out favorable, if all three of you had shown up and intimidated him.
    I feel partly responsible for egging Grizz on. It sounded cut and dry. Oh, well.
    If it was painted with a roller, then the Craiglist posted image is showing the car before painted. This is fraudulent and also subject to civil and criminal prosecution. Any prosecution likely would have let him off for the criminal part or at worst have tagged a probationary sentence, due to the Age Card. But, the civil part should stick, paving the way for the deal to go through.
    I've stored the first photo, in case he tries pulling the ad. When I get home from work, I'm storing the rest, as well as screen shooting the ad itself:

[​IMG]

ModelT1 and Grizz like this.