Very nice Kenosha car! Note to anyone selling Ramblers of this vintage though.............this seller has some good in the ad but buyers would also like to see of the dash especially heater outlets and where it says "Weather Eye" on dashboard.
YES! I had forgotten about the "Desert Only" setting! Weather Eye goes all the way back to 1939 and lasted with AMC until 1978. http://autoweek.com/article/classic-cars/nash-statesman-amc-gremlin-40-years-weather-eye
I remember my maternal grandparents trading the 1953 Chevy I mostly learned to drive in (the school had a '55 or '56 Chevy, for a 1958 Rambler 4-dr sedan. I drove it quit a bit too and always thought it was ugly. Seems like theirs was three colors, with medium blue the main color. But I could be wrong. I don't remember any of their cars having AC. For the most part, few cars in our area of Illinois had AC. The first thing I had with AC was my new 1977 Ford truck. Any new or used vehicle before that had heat only. We rolled the windows down back then when it was warm........ manually! We were tough! After grandpa passed away grandma wanted to sell the '58 Rambler to me for something like $250 or $300 with nearly new snow tires on spare rims. I didn't want that ugly very low mileage car. Now I sort of like the looks. I did take the really knobby snow tires on rims. Firt perfect on my 1957 VW. That looked so cute with wide white snow tires on a lite blue VW. I never did get stuck but it sure looked silly. Last I remember, the Kenosha factory had a portion as a Nash museum. It's near the litehouse on a pier. I also remember driving my '55 Chevy sedan to another ex- Nash factory museum in South Bend, Ind. Several Avanti's there plus early Nash's.