My Father-in-law has also decided to sell his 56 Buick Roadmaster 4 door hardtop. I'm going to be sad to see this one go as well. I think it's just gorgeous. I was looking forward to getting this one back to it's former glory. But, as you can see, it is currently sitting in the field next to his house. It deserves better than that, and since he doesn't have a start date for this car in the foreseeable future he has decided to let it go. https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/6358130003.html
Thanks. It's a shame I won't be able to be a part of getting this one back to it's original state. I had dreams of road tripping it. But, unfortunately I don't have the money or the space for another car (mostly the money) and my Father-in-law has more cars than he knows what to do with as it is. This car will make someone very happy, and I glad for that.
This one brings back memories of my great aunt and uncle (maternal grandmother's brother and wife), who lived out in Pomona, CA., back in the mid 50's. First car of theirs i remember was an early 50's Kaiser Manhattan. There next car was a '56 Buick 4-door hardtop, just like this one. Only got to ride in it once I believe. Seemed so smooth to me at the time, vs. my dad's '52 Pontiac or the later '58 Chevy.
I'd love to own that car. I've owned a lot of older Buicks from the inline eight up to around 1957. For me it's not the money, it's the space and my age. Almost looks like it was a salmon or pink. Maybe pink salmon. Any other color would be nice. That's a great view. I'll bet the Buick is happy there.
I'm glad it brings back memories for you Marshal. It's funny that you should mention the Kaiser Manhattan. My father-in-law is also selling his 1953 Kaiser Manhattan. https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/1953-kaiser-manhattan/6354341112.html So, he currently owns two of the cars your Great Aunt and Uncle had back in the old days.
Time marches on doesn't it Denny? I think if he decided to sell the Ranchero I'd figure out a way it buy it. Not sure where I would put it, but I wouldn't be able to let that one get away. I believe you are correct about the paint. I believe it originally looked something like this: It is indeed. They have a really cool spot in Selah overlooking the Yakima River where it comes out of the canyon.
That's not really a bad color on the Buick. Wouldn't take much to go over the brakes, lines, fuel, etc. and make a decent driver. His prices on both cars is very fair. Good luck.
That really is a gorgeous Buick, and I love the background scenery as well. If it does have to sit outside and be "retired", I can think of worse places.
Hey that Kaiser reminds me of the first one I saw up close at a junk yard... my dad says "here tap this metal" as he stands next to some 80's or 90's car, I tap it very hollow sounding. "now press on it" I do... it flexes a lot... "now do the same to that Kaiser" I tap on it... thud!.... go to press in... look at him "this isn't a car, this is a TANK!" <----- my expression. <---- his grin!
Well, I was able to take the Buick into town yesterday for some better photos. I updated the ad with the new pictures. And just for funsies I messed with this one in photochop And of course the gratuitous photo at the local Buick Dealership It was a beautiful day yesterday. A little on the cooler side, but amazing for this time of year. Probly the last chance I'll have to take a classic for a spin until spring. The forecast going forward looks very much like winter.
Well, it took a while, but we finally sold the Buick. A fellow in Florida purchased it. Sounds like it may ultimately end up in Europe! Sad to see it go, but glad it's on it's way to a new home.