Hot wheels

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by Grizz, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    IMG_2193.JPG the 3 year picked this one out. He screamed "look at the station wagon!!!" Gosh at least I'm teaching him something right!

ModelT1 likes this.
  2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

I can identify. My boys were looking through the hotwheels the other day at the store and one of them came across the wagon you posted and said something very similar.

3. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    image.jpg

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Here's a couple more. The 55 changes colors when it gets wet. I think I remember having a similar toy as a kid. Cool! Not enough to pay $$ for but still cool! IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2473.JPG

Longroof79 and ModelT1 like this.
  5. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    What color did it turn to, when you came up with the idea to potty on it, to see what'll happen? Looks like it's high time you go back to turning wrenches. Your fingers are starting to look like those playing pianos:

[​IMG]

Grizz likes this.
  6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That's a cool panel truck. I've never referred to them as wagons since they are truck based, but I know some folks do.
    I also remember the color change toys from when I was a kid. I seem to recall that after a few years it didn't work any longer.

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I have............. had a 1948 Chevy panel truck I was building to pull an RV. I always called it my "panel" and called sedan deliverys "sedan deliverys". I call my station wagon "wagon". No fancy names or fancy games. I still sorta have the panel. I gave it to my son inlaw who will never have time to work on it. Everytime I go over there he says "I'm going to start on it next week" Then they go on another vacation, help his dad, or do useless things with his six year old like soccor, baseball, and movies.

Remember when those color change paints were new? I had a chance to get the panel truck painted for only the cost of materials discounted if I let my body shop buddy do all the work. I saw how he slung Bondo on things so said no. My panel is still a million shades of primer and a bit of red.
    Panel Progress 4-06 010.jpg Panel Progress 4-06 004.jpg

Longroof79 and Poison_Ivy like this.
  8. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Is that battery tray in its original location or was that your idea?

9. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    My idea. Original was under front floor. It has a fold up bracket for easy removal with inner fender in place.
    Thst louvered side air vent for heater as been filled but I wanted the vent look. Unlike most, I like the old look of most vehicles. Even kept the cowl vent.
    Both front seats tilt back with raised tool storage area on floor. Cleaned, primed, painted, will have carpet in the storage for no rattles. You can see the little door with handle.
    I put bear claw latches with the latch in the body, not the doors. The door pin is in the door. 1/16th " gap around all doors.That way less wires in doors except power windows. Even right rear door is remote as is cowl vent. Vent is three position. Shut, 1/2 open, full open, closed.
    License bracket is Monte Carlo. Tilt up for trailer hitch and electric plug. Third brake lite was NOS Ford Tarius when they first came out. Word FORD removed. ;) It's molded in with peek each side to blend with lense. To be painted one thin coat to match final red paint.
    I spent so much time on the panel then quit.

Longroof79 and Grizz like this.
  10. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    It's been around a year since I worked at the shop. Now I monitor two tiny people who do nothing but rattle off nonsense all day. I'd play a piano if I had one. anything to drown out the incessant whining and arguing. I am rather meticulous about dirt under my fingernails, but the funny thing is when I was at the shop I showered daily and could never get all the crud from under my nails. Now since the hell yuns have arrived I only shower every 5 days or so:yuck: they call me "lady fingers" on the street:biglaugh:
    i too have grandiose ideas for my weekends, but then someone always needs help or invites us over and then there's always the house that needs work. We got one of the good ones built in the 50's before they were built in Mexico and shipped here to the job site. Time, time, time... I'm going to post a classified add Looking for a big ol bag or bags of time!

ModelT1 likes this.
  11. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I've got plenty of spare time if you want it. All I've done with it lately is waste it and abuse it.
    This house is an early 1961 model still mostly original and only used by one couple since new. When walking in it's like walking into the 60's and my garage is like the 50's. Trouble is now we are mostly the 1800's.
    Long ago before I discovered "WOMAN" I played the Hawiian steel guitar, accordian, and piano. Attempted the harmonica but my tongue got in the way. Mom wanted me to learn saxephone but I wasn't windy enough.
    None of the relatives were really car guys. They drove new or late model cars but even my dad didn't even drive. He barely opened the hood a few times each year to add something when smoke or steam came out. I have no idea why I got interested in hotrods and customs. Maybe partially because my school buddys and I went to drag races and circle track often in summers. I eventually laid awake nites dreaming of owning a custom car. Dreams of girls came later. After that it all gets blurry!:rolleyes:

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  12. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
  13. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

You weren't "windy enough." Now I've heard everything!

ModelT1 likes this.
  14. Grizz

Wagon Garage:
    Gawd I went all the way to picture 47 before I realized there were no cars. Good one:slap:It thought narrow skinny chicks went out of style with anorexia some time ago. My poor wife goes to the gym every morning and every night I figure out how to mix 6 tablespoons of butter into her dinner:bananaman:

ModelT1 likes this.
  15. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    I feed my wife pasta, fried chicken, and beer. Skinny chicks blow away in a hard wind and hide behind traffic signs.:bigsmile: