My 1975 Buick Estate wagon

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by SwannyMotorsports, Jul 5, 2017.

  1. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    IMG_2540.PNG
     
    101Volts likes this.
  2. Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    11,094
    Likes Received:
    3,485
    Trophy Points:
    706
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Feeding effigy ice cream to Dogzilla
    The only thing disturbing on your wagon are the wheels. I'd like to see an image of a peeled one with factory wheels, to conclude a judgement.
    If going woody, best to do it real, with veneer and genuine wood trim. It'll probably cost more than $2000. But, you won't be forking out that money for synthetic kitsch.
    Why not accentuate those lines with a two-toned paint job? Say, ivory on that red, for example.

    [​IMG]
     
    101Volts likes this.
  3. Bigboats34

    Bigboats34 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2016
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    37
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Location:
    Northeast Ohio
    Good luck with the car Swanny. I really like the red interior and the plastic doesn't look too faded.

    Woodgrain vs delete, I'd say 90% of wagons look better with the fake woodgrain and they are usually worth more money if it's in good shape. Wood delete looks good on muscle-type wagons or SS-modified clones.
     
  4. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    IMG_2622.PNG Same wagon as above but without the mags and before I detailed it. Sorry about the frost that's on it!!!!!!
     
    Poison_Ivy and 101Volts like this.
  5. 101Volts

    101Volts Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2013
    Messages:
    3,029
    Likes Received:
    296
    Trophy Points:
    198
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    Heh, I thought I recognized the Wagon and House from that photo. Will you refinish the tailgate or just put something like Meguiar's NXT on to prevent rust?
     
  6. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    Already ordered paint for the tailgate and rear bumper fillers.
     
    WagonKiller and 101Volts like this.
  7. Poison_Ivy

    Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

    Joined:
    May 20, 2017
    Messages:
    11,094
    Likes Received:
    3,485
    Trophy Points:
    706
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Feeding effigy ice cream to Dogzilla
    They still left the classic Buick lines of which one can work with. Here, I started crudely painting up Swanny's Estate and didn't get to the roof, yet. The white should've been ivory and the line drawn to represent a chrome strip was drawn:

    [​IMG]
     
  8. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
    Nice find. This Buick we have seen before. Well optioned.
     

Share This Page