Pretty sure this is the same wagon seen three years ago in Detroit, although the old photos from the previous thread are expired. http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/threads/1980-buick-lesabre-estate-wagon.32212/ It's a nice one, or at least it was.
If this is the car listed from 3 years ago, original listed in Detroit, this 1's in Flint - same area. read what the original listing stated, need a ton of work without mentioning trans. Average price on transmission replacement $1500. (not used) plus everything else from original listing - you'd be well over 3 or 4 grand by the time your done. even if you do the work yourself I think you' be at 3. plus the cost of the car and transport to where ever.
Not necessarily. In February I had my '78 Toronado, which did not run but could be pushed around, transported from Georgia to New Mexico. The price was $950 and was broken down as follows: $800 for the transport plus $150 for the fact that it was non-operative. It's more, yes, which is to be expected, but it doesn't break the bank.
Progress is in fits and starts but generally moving forward. I've posted more info here: http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/threads/1978-oldsmobile-toronado-xs.43884/page-8