1970s Pontiac Firenza

Discussion in 'Station Wagon News From Around The Web' started by jwdtenn, Apr 22, 2017.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Hey the T1000's I was around were reliable if terrible cars. They made every mile you drove in them seem like 10, but they usually made it to were you were going.

Not being Canadian I was unaware of the History of the Firenza up North. From what I understand they were only sold at Pontiac Dealers in late 71 and 72, possibly early 73. As I understand it Chevy in Canada had a contract with Vauxhall from the late 60's until the 73 Model year. The bad reputation and the introduction of the Vega in 71 made the Vauxhalls superfluous.
    And Vauxhall insisted on GM Canada honoring the signed Contract. So they moved the Firenza's to Pontiac until the Astre was introduced in 73.

I was tempted to purchase a low Mileage 2 door coupe several years ago just for the oddness factor to take to National Pontiac Shows. But the seller wanted $5000 Canadian for it, and when he found out I was from the US he wanted $6000 USD for it. I decided to pass, now I am glad I did.