1971 Pontiac Grand Safari

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Dec 31, 2016.

  1. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
  2. jaunty75

    jaunty75 Middling Member

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2010
    Messages:
    5,922
    Likes Received:
    809
    Trophy Points:
    410
    Location:
    Southeast Michigan
    The car is definitely rough around the edges. I doubt any significant amount of options would help its cause. With the smashed nose, dents, rust, torn front seat, and falling headliner, it looks like crap. The current bid is $1225 with reserve not met. $1225 is excellent for this car, and he ought to take it if the bidding ends there.
     
  3. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
    Already up to $2025.
     
  4. elB

    elB Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2014
    Messages:
    1,590
    Likes Received:
    294
    Trophy Points:
    195
    Wagon Garage:
    3
    Location:
    NorCal
    It's a 2-seater\6 passenger car with power windows and the optional courtesy door lights. Other than that it's not overly impressive, the interior isn't completely wasted but the ripped headliner and front seat plus the kick panel speakers are not indicative of a car that has been lovingly cared for. It's also got rust in the rear window channels so if I was going to be seriously considering it I'd want to investigate that area thoroughly first...

    Granted the price seems a bit out there for us, but the derby guys would pay $3500-4000 for a car like this just to smash, so what do we know?
     
    WagonKiller likes this.
  5. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    It's going to sell north of $4,000. Derby guys can sell the motor for $1,000 and get another $800-$1,200 in parts and have a cheap rolling shell.
     
    WagonKiller likes this.
  6. WagonKiller

    WagonKiller Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1,921
    Likes Received:
    88
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Location:
    greenville pa
    If it's the original motor and runs without smoke no prob getting 1000. Should be just like mine 4 bolt drilled. Totally agree on 4000+
     
  7. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
    $2125 - auction ended - reserve not met.
     
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  8. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    I was the high bidder!!!!!!!
     
    WagonKiller likes this.
  9. 74wagon

    74wagon Member

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2016
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    5
    Thought u done buying lol
     
    WagonKiller likes this.
  10. WagonKiller

    WagonKiller Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1,921
    Likes Received:
    88
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Location:
    greenville pa
    I'd drive this LOL! Swanny can always use that engine. If it runs well he could drop and go that motor as a back up. Mine in stock form was a screamer. Altho it has a LOT more miles I bet it still runs good. It's a win win for Swanny as he can recoupe every dime out of the shell. Hook vetterman up with parts and have a good back up 455
     
  11. jwdtenn

    jwdtenn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    Messages:
    21,286
    Likes Received:
    1,414
    Trophy Points:
    746
    Location:
    Nashville
    Congrats!
     
  12. SwannyMotorsports

    SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2011
    Messages:
    1,845
    Likes Received:
    281
    Trophy Points:
    196
    Car didn't meet reserve. So even though I was high bidder I don't own it!!! It was a smoking deal at $2,200 though

    I'm never done buying!!!!!
     
    WagonKiller likes this.
  13. Vetteman61

    Vetteman61 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2012
    Messages:
    840
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    125
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Man, I thought I overpaid for mine. I gave $1200 for it and the body was pretty solid considering.
     

Share This Page