Canada's Worst Driver

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by fannie, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

John Candy in a Devil costume... I could not stop laughing! Truly inspired writing!

2. Leadslead

Leadslead Well-Known Member

R.I.P John Candy, and John Hughes for that lovely piece of work! I heard the original uncut film was longer (and probably funnier) to give the feeling that they where on the road a long, long time... unfortunately it all got lost on the cutting room floor... no room in the 80's for a 3 hour comedy movie I guess...

fannie likes this.
  3. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    One of my favorite movies.

Well it aired tonight. The car...wagon in question was a 1969 Buick Sport Wagon. It was in MINT condition. It was scary to watch them put it though the slalom course. Most of them did well but the last driver went nuts and put it of the course went through a few soft barriers and into the grass, it came out ok, although they really didn't show the car up close.
    I don't understand why they use vintage cars? Perhaps it's to give the show a sense of value and drama after all no one or I hope no one wants to see those cars get smashed.

4. Caprice Estate

Caprice Estate Dads 74 Caprice

Wagon Garage:
    I know most of all this stuff is in so called "fun" but as a Canadian i am very ashamed by this useless and pointless show. I never watch it but many folks tell me about the good cars they needlessly destroy. It is obvious to me that the producers of this show hate old cars and have no use for them, other than wrecking material. I would like five minutes with the butt head that created this stupid useless show. I would have to be arrested for the evil stuff i would do to this butt head. Cheers. George

fannie likes this.