1970 Pontiac Ventura

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by 101Volts, May 6, 2016.

1. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Have we seen this one before? I think so, this may be the only 1970 Pontiac Ventura without a engine or transmission for sale lately; at least the only one that I've noticed. Weirdly enough, there are two links for this one. The seller has them mixed up, I think; he says "See more photos and a detailed ad in the Philadelphia Craigslist" yet only has one photo there! So, for the photos go to the Harrisburg one and the description go to Philadelphia. Yes.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5568973754.html

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/5500810779.html

OR, You could just look in the thread. :p Here it is.

1970 Pontiac Ventura Wagon; nice interior - $895 (Annville, Pa)

1970 Pontiac Ventura wagon

condition: good
    fuel: gas
    title status: clean
    transmission: automatic

$895.00.

Whole or will sell parts.

Roof rack is sold. Nothing else has been sold from the car, so it's still restorable or driveable with the addition of your drivetrain.

I've stored this car indoors for 10 years. So, if you're looking to restore a Pontiac wagon, cheaply, or if you need lots of hard-to-find 69-70 full size Pontiac wagon parts, this is the one for you.

The interior in this car is a VERY rare Ventura variant, the only one I've ever seen in my 30+ years of Pontiac-ing. And, it's in really nice shape, too.

The car has no engine or transmission.

The car has a title from Iowa.

THE PRICE IS FIRM; JUST ADD UP THE PARTS:

Hood: $300
    Hood hinges: $75/pr
    Dash pad: $300
    Front bumper assembly: $250
    Front valence panel with turn signal assemblies: $150
    From disc brake setup: $350
    Complete interior: $300
    Glass, all: $300
    Tailgate, with glass: $250
    Shell, with doors, scrap value: $200
    Rear, limited slip?

Total: $2,175.00.

So, no, I won't take $500 for the whole car.

More pictures here:

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/LesAptTheGreat/library/1970 Pontiac Ventura wagon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where is this next photo showing rust on the car? Is the photo upside-down?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(he should remove the photos of the roof rack)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. just me

just me Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Love how people try to price a car by the value of its parts, forgetting that those parts prices are for already taken off the car without breaking or messing them up, then cleaning them, then advertising them and being willing and able to ship or take them to a suitable swapmeet. Hmmmmm, without that this is probably a $500 car which seller won't take for it.

3. elB

elB Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I know that guy. He's been into full size Pontiacs for years. He's the one who sold that red '75 Catalina 455 wagon that wound up on eBay being flipped by someone else for like 3X what they paid with all the scary spots not shown in the pictures. He's been selling off cars now for a while, like 3+ years.

That being said, I don't blame him for not taking $500. As someone who wants a '67 full size with a mint interior to redo mine, I'd gladly pay his asking price and go get it, not haggle over a few hundred bucks. It does irritate me when someone prices out a car that is obviously a parts car at the full price of every little trinket left on it, but he's not doing that here. He's selling what appears to be a decent interior car with no engine\transmission for less than $1000.

4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Well, the question of interior could be in debate. Pics are not really that great and what is under the seat cover is....??

[​IMG]

It is IMO a parts car, seller clearly is showing the rot and good on them for doing that. Still.... putting it up for sale via- "parts alone are worth this much"......well then take it apart and sell the parts separate.