Help needed, 1976 Buick Estate wagon for free.

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dyna, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Dyna

Dyna Well-Known Member

The first three pictures are from yesterday after noon, can't be much fresher than that. It says "New Pictures", then it says "Now to all old picutes" so you can see all the detail.

Just saying "Read"

2. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

Hey I can't seem to send you a message. Maybe my account is not working correctly. My buddy and I are not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and appreciate the offer. If you could send me a PM it would be appreciated. Great pictures.

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks. No matter how old some photos, this wagon seems worth saving. I saw a few things needing repair but mostly it's a nice wagon project. Someone needs to get the parts off you need then get this wagon back together.
    You never mentioned it mechanically. The engine looks complete. The battery seems to be up. How does it start and run? Are the brakes, steering, etc okay? I've seen much worse station wagons being restored.
    If some of us weren't so far away we'd gladly get your bits and bobs off and send them or buy replacements at a scrap yard. Someone is missing a great chance for a decent project for little trouble.
    I've seen other free or cheap project wagons offered yet our members would rather buy something far away, spend a fortune having it shipped, then another fortune replacing rusty used crap! What's wrong with this picture?:huh:

4. Dyna

Dyna Well-Known Member

Hi

Ok, it ran when parked, and it ran well, and I have no reason to not belive the seller, very nice guy through and through. Mechanically it's all complete, nothing is missing fresh gas fresh battery and a normal check of ignition bits, and it should start. I can't say how the brakes are now from standing but I would think that the front will be somewhat stuck, it all depends I've cars standing for 10+ years and the brakes working just fine and I've cars standing for 3 months and it's all stuck. This is not a hope less project, yes you will need to source the parts we want and some you can get back from us since we will swap but the return freight you have to pay I'm not that generous.

Cheers Dyna

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Yes but Dyna you said 1976 Buick Estate wagon for free.
    You should deliver it filled with fuel, washed, waxed, with a full warantee to Florida free. Then when I get darn good and ready I'll remove your bobs and bits and send them back to you frieght collect. :biglaugh::stirthepot::bouncy:

6. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

I will take it. Pm me what you want me to do.

7. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

Also trying to get it to the West Coast, just trying to arrange shipment.

8. 1baker11

1baker11 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Hi Dyna,

Is there is some way you can private message me your phone number or a number you can be contacted at. I have a friend in Canada who isn't too far away from you.

If you cannot private message me but if you have an email, would you email your phone number or a number you can be contacted at. My email is calisnowflake14@yahoo.com.

Thanks I'd really appreciate it.

9. vintagefarms

vintagefarms New Member

if not picked up already, We can take care of car pickup in Kelowna as we live very close to that car in West Kelowna, any parts removal, safe wrapping for transport and the shipping of parts domestic or internationally. we do it all the time.. lots of references if you need them as well. message us if your not fixed up already.. Thanks