Bumper cushion on olds custom cruiser

Discussion in 'Cosmetic & Restoration' started by seamus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. seamus

seamus New Member

Anyone know where I can find the rubber bumper cushion/strips that belt line the front and rear bumpers of the 80s custom cruiser wagons? I believe the Caprice wagon had the same bumper. I have searched high and low without success. If there is no replacement and used are hard to find, other suggestions like filling them maybe?

2. The Stickman

The Stickman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  3. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Are you talking about the black cushion strip on the face of the bumper or the filler plates between the bumper and the body? The cushion strips are not available. The fillers are being reproduced.

4. seamus

seamus New Member

Yes, I am looking for the bumper cushion strips for the front and rear bumper. Mine are rather dry rotted, but the bumper itself is in great shape. Sorry to hear they are not being made, but surprised. Given the increasing popularity of these cars, I hope someone takes up the mantle and starts reproducing them. Thank you for the information.

5. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage:
    Uh, "increasing popularity"??? Not in my experience. When was the last time you saw one on the road, other than your own? Sorry, no demand, no supply. Heck, the rear window weatherstrip is common on all 1977-1990 B-body wagons, everyone needs one, and no one reproduces THOSE, a part with a MUCH larger potential market. The bumper rub strips are unique to the Olds. Good luck with that.

Be aware that the CC front bumper is the same as those on 1980-1984 Ninety Eights and 1980-1985 Delta 88s. This increases your pool of potential donor cars. I had to buy a complete front bumper to get a good rub strip for mine.

6. joe_padavano

Wagon Garage: