1979 Ford Thunderbird Heritage

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Aug 1, 2015.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

They Sold a lot of those T-birds. I actually like them better than the comparable GM cars of the time.
    I like the styling at least as much, and the 351 option would have suited me more than the 301, 305, 307 options from GM (I know some Buicks and Olds had 350 til 79, and I could always have a V-6 Turbo Buick or Chevy.)

But Compared to the GP, Cutlass, Regal, or Monte Carlo of 78-80 I think I would have bought a T-bird or Cougar. I did buy a 85 Turbo Coupe a few years later, Very fun car, I couldn't believe I could get a Midsize car with a 5-speed Manual, and that handled and ran 15 second 1/4 miles in stock form. Spent a lot of time shopping the Ford Motorsport Cataloge for about 3 years. But the T-bird was killed buy a Drunk Driver, and the 5.0 LX Mustang that replaced it in 87 lasted 3 weeks before someone Liberated it from my outside my then Girlfriends house.
    Thus ended my Performance Ford interlude.

This Bird Looks good for the price. And Adrian MI is not that far.

3. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Looks to be in very nice shape, but I will lay bets there is rust under that roof. Possibly quite a lot of it. Still, a very, very well equipped car, even if it has no options. These started at well equipped and went up from there. We're I not about to have a 76 on the road, I would certainly be interested in this. That 351M is a honey if you wake it up with a good exhaust.