Is Pricing Right !!!

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Wagonmaster49, Aug 17, 2014.

1. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Are you close enough to go look at it if he accepts a fair offer?

I forgot, it's way up in Ontario. Also what's the difference in 43,445 km and 43,445 miles? Both are listed.

2. Wagonmaster49

Wagonmaster49 Member

Being a US car the odometer is in miles so the car has 43,000 miles. If you convert from miles to kilometres multiply the 43,000 by 1.62 to get which in this case would get you 69,600 kilometres on the car. When you advertise a car for sale in Canada you don't get the option of using miles or kilometres, just the kilometres so people just put down what ever is on the odometer. Case in point I just sold my 72 Chevy pickup and the lady that bought it was 27/29 and when I told her the truck had 105,000 she couldn't grasp what that was as she was raised on the metric system her in Canada. Our Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau brought in the metric system in the 70's so we could be different than you folks in the USA. I think he should have started a movement to join the USA because if theses two countries economies were linked we'd have the strongest Country and economy on earth..

3. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

That was my original thought was, that the dept of defense would never have purchased a Concours, more like a base, base Malibu. Seems to me even air conditioning was an option box they wouldn't have checked.

$11,500 is way, way high for the car even if the miles are original. I think you may be right, $5K would be a good number, assuming you check it out and the frame has no rust.