I've made the leap from wagon lurker to wagon owner

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Cyber-Wizard, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    After a whack of hunting and test driving we finally settled on a replacement for my dead '98 Grand Marquis. After so many folks pointed out that the Trailblazer was less than desirable I was surprised to discover that the Buick Rainier had a significantly improved interior. After a few test drives I was completely hooked and had to have it. Another Grand Marquis was a very close second choice but I'm really growing ever increasingly fond of the Rainier.

Here's my new toy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Very nice! Sooo..... I see a 'V8' badge on it. I didn't realize you could get the 5.3 in these. That would make it have the same drive train as the Saab 9-7.

3. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  4. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    I believe so. I haven't had the time to do much research yet but I noticed that the GM Factory Service Manual for the Rainier also covered the 9-7.

5. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

Congratulations, CW. Best of luck with it.

6. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    I just realized my neighbor down on the corner has a Rainier. He seems to change vehicles every 6 months or so. His Rainier is no where as nice as yours though. He's got damage on the front bumper cover, and deep key scratches all over the left side and back. Must have bought it 'as-is'...... 6-cyl, too.

7. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    Based upon reviews online of the Trailblazer, I don't think I'd want the V6. The V8 is pretty thirsty but still performs a lot better than that 6 would.

Mine has quite a collection of scratches and stone chips on it. The trailing edge of the drivers door has had a lot of paint chipped off of it. Most of them have been filled with touch up paint. The finish on my Grand Marquis was pretty thoroughly baked from the Florida and Texas sunshine so this is still a step up and I will likely putter with it here and there fixing tweaking and restoring stuff as I go.

I went out at lunch today and figured out how to get my phone plugged into the audio input jacks on the Rear Seat Entertainment system. It means that I have to dislocate my shoulder to reach up and back to turn on the DVD player and I have to tolerate a cable dangling down from the ceiling monitor but I can tolerate that for a little while if it means listening to something other than radio jockeys. I suspect that sooner or later I'll solder in a mated jack and a switch in a more convenient location.

8. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    Signed the mortgage paperwork on the new space tonight. Bought a nice 2+ car garage with loads of extra lighting and plenty of room to work. Oh and it comes with some bedrooms and a kitchen I think.

[​IMG]

It's been a long time in the works but we're good to go now and packing up to move at the end of January. Not sure moving in January in Canada is my cleverest idea but I'm ready to go anyway.

I can't wait to get into that garage to start cleaning and organizing.
    [​IMG]

9. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    Oh, and the current owner is leaving this behind too!

[​IMG]

10. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Congrats big time!(y)(y)(y). I almost forgot about you being interested in this house.

And now you have a back yard big enough for a lot of dogs:p

11. Cyber-Wizard

Wagon Garage:
    We've been discussing whether we want more pets or not. We lost Ms. Cleo to cancer at the end of November. After spending almost 9 years with her that wound is still pretty raw. There's no way to predict anything but I suspect it'll be a while before we bring any more fuzzy friends home. We were really looking forward to turning her loose in a house that offered so much space to jump and play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry about the cute bunny. Love the new garage and basement. Oh, just noticed there there's a house attached.:clap:
    Sure makes our new place look small and junky. Our garage is my first one unfinished inside. Just bare old studs and rafters. Still happy to have a garage.
    No way are we moving till spring or summer and it's furnished.

Attached Files:

13. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

What a cute Bunny, pets as family member do plant roots in the heart don't they.............

So now the bets are on........ Anybody want to bet against me that Cyber will be moved in before Cat even packs his bags!?:rofl2::biglaugh::rednose:

14. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    If I were looking for a house, I would be very attracted to that one........clean lines on the front, and I love the color of the brick.

Sorry about the bunny.......good idea not to replace him right away. we've got 1 small dog (5 yrs old or so), and 2 older cats. Not going to replace the cats when they are gone. Marcia says she wants another parakeet. Had one years ago.

15. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Congrats on your house! Very nice! I understand the pet thing, couple weeks before Christmas I had to spend $1000 on emergency surgery on one of my dogs. Few people asked, "Why don't you just put him down?" My reply was,"Same reason we don't kill other family members when they get sick!"