New to the Station Wagon.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 79Monzawagon, Jun 16, 2014.

  1. 79Monzawagon

    79Monzawagon New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Eastern WA. state
    I have a 79 Monza wagon and I'm looking for a battery tray and the plastic covers that go over the wheel wells on the interior of my car, if anyone can help out I'd really appreciate it.
     
  2. Longroof79

    Longroof79 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2013
    Messages:
    629
    Likes Received:
    51
    Trophy Points:
    90
    Location:
    Gainesville Fl
    What happened to the introduction?
     
  3. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    In the words of our beloved Wagonmaster and member Stickman----------When you make your intro please tell us something about yourself and your wagon if you already have one or what you want to get. Saying "hello my name is" is not a good intro. If you go into more detail then all of us will feel like we know more about you and then can relate to you. We aren't here to critize you for what you have. We are here to celebrate wagons. So if you are coming here you either have one or want one. All of that makes you one of us. So please be descriptive.
     
  4. t9t591

    t9t591 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2014
    Messages:
    16
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    connersville in
    welcome the guys are great after u let them know about you and ur wagon

    :Welcome:were new too we are looking for a gas tank for a 67 fairlane wagon we are going to check all the yards we can and in our look what ever we find as for a wagon were going to post were in Indiana and glad to have found this site hope we help others too. tom &beau
     
  5. 79Monzawagon

    79Monzawagon New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Eastern WA. state
    I filled out the introduction and posted it, so I have no idea what happened, but I'll fill you in here if that's okay. I just bought a 79 Monza wagon, I'm going to get it running for my daughter to drive her last 2 years of HS and after that I'm taking it back to be my toy. In the interim I'll collect parts and money to restomod it kind of 70's style. A little about me I was in the Marines as a Sgt. for 5 years, I'm married and have 2 daughters 16 and 17 and 2 step-daughters 25 and 27. I've been medically retired since 04 with fibromyalgia which sucks because even though I now have so much free time, I'm usually too tired or in too much pain to do much of anything, other than that everything is great.
     
  6. cobraav8tor

    cobraav8tor Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2012
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Livonia Mi
    Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your parts hunt. Do not have any leads on the parts you are looking for but will keep an eye out for them.
     
  7. jmt455

    jmt455 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2009
    Messages:
    2,377
    Likes Received:
    250
    Trophy Points:
    228
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    SE Michigan
    Welcome aboard, 79Monzawagon!
     
  8. ModelT1

    ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    22,123
    Likes Received:
    1,441
    Trophy Points:
    808
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    :Welcome:79Monzawagon! We get a little bent out of shape when someone comes into our garage and snopes around asking questions when we haven't met. But after an introduction and a few soft drinks we are easy to get along with.
    Sounds like you have a great plan for your wagon. Now if only you can get it back from the girls after they graduate!
     
  9. Krash Kadillak

    Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    21,109
    Likes Received:
    2,062
    Trophy Points:
    798
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Springfield, Oregon
    Welcome, '79 Monza.

    If you're thinking about an engine swap in that Monza wagon (basically a Vega, for those who don't know) forget about dropping in a SBC and instead look for a 3.8 Buick V6 or perhaps even a 4.3 Vortec V6 out of a S-10 P/U...
     
  10. 1tireman

    1tireman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2011
    Messages:
    5,432
    Likes Received:
    280
    Trophy Points:
    253
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Welcome aboard!
     
  11. 79Monzawagon

    79Monzawagon New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Eastern WA. state
    Thanks for the welcome guys, I shouldn't have any issues getting it back as all the good mods will be done after I get it back, until then it will remain slow, drafty and with faded paint. Does anyone know if the early Vega nose will bolt onto this year Monza?
     
  12. AK27

    AK27 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    2,906
    Likes Received:
    85
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Location:
    Fairview, Illinois
    Welcome 79Monzawagon!
     
  13. Glide-Aways

    Glide-Aways Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1,442
    Likes Received:
    82
    Trophy Points:
    138
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    San Diego
    :Welcome: 79Monzawagon! Have any pics of your car to share? :2_thumbs_up_-_anima
     
  14. 79Monzawagon

    79Monzawagon New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Eastern WA. state
    Not yet, but they should be coming soon, redoing my office space so getting to the camera will have to wait.
     
  15. 79Monzawagon

    79Monzawagon New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Eastern WA. state
    If I went small block it would be a newer and much lighter LS with a 6-71 I have kicking around. If I go with a V-6 it will definitely be turbo charged and more than likely, twice.
     

Share This Page