New Times

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Xavier, May 2, 2014.

1. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Hello to my wagon family. This is a quick update. I'm sorry I've been absent. I have been really busy lately and I don't have internet at home right now, but I do work near a Starbucks so I'm on their internet. I had been working at Target but after the major hacking problem I was one of many to get laid off. Luckily, I wasn't out of work for very long. I'm back working for Jimmy John's and the store I work at is located down in the Loop (downtown Chicago). I get weekends off and we close at 6 on week days. The factory that Zoe worked at closed and moved to Mexico. However, this is not a problem since I have work. We still live in the same place. The roommate who had been in charge of making sure our rent and bill money got paid was caught stealing the money and is no longer living here. In turn, Zoe and I have taken the position. This means that I am also the happy maintenence man for the building, too. Been lots of clean up, redecorating, and things fixed/repaired and the like. More thing to be done. The owners of our building are really awesome people AND they drive a station wagon. Don't know what kind yet as they spend much of their time outside the city. Additionally, my friend, Andrew and his wife, are dedicated wagon owners (Subaru) as well as one of my excoworkers from Target (80s Chevy midsize?). No wagon for us just yet. Perhaps in the next couple years, unless we win the lottery, :D . Oh, and no Zoe hasn't found another job, but she doesn't need to. I'm working as much as I can to cover our costs so that she can have a much deserved and majorly overdue break to focus on her art; music, cooking, writing, and the things she wants to do around our building. One of the long term plans we (us and the owners) have is to put a garden/yard up on the roof. We put a fence up on what has been dubbed "The Walk" (a small walkway on the roof of the first story between our building and the next) so that our cats can go outside again.

Secondly, May 1st marks the one year anniversary of Zoe and me getting off the streets. We have a place of our own, though we do still have a roommate. Our building is old, needs some work, but is beautiful.

So that's the update. Things are doing great and getting better. I pop on here on my phone once in a while but only for a minute or two in between things. I think about you lot often and miss being on here regularly. I know that I have missed a lot but life took priority. I'll check in when I can, but for now :cheers: and keep the wagons on the road!

Keys
    -x

2. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is all great news brother! I am sooooooo glad things are going well for you and Zoe and the furry kids. Thanks for checking in and letting your family know what's going on in your world. Sounds like you're very busy so check in when you can. Much love to you guys, your friend and fellow wagon nut, Dewey.

3. mashaffer

mashaffer New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the update Xav, Blessing to you and Zoe.

mike

4. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update X. When I saw those old :naughty: looking machines in Zoe;s work pic, I was worried Fed Mogul :confused: might eventually shut that plant down.

Fed is a big outfit and since Z has a good record maybe she can get another post with them in the area when she wants to?

Glad things are working out for you guys. Keep on trucking and be the best you can be!

5. jmt455

jmt455 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the update, Xavier!
    I am glad to hear that things, though difficult, are definitely looking up from some of your earlier times.
    Take care!

6. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Glad you doing ok!

7. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Great to see life's on the up and up for you guys :thumbs2: :cheers: from Downunder

8. 90merc

90merc Well-Known Member

Great update Xav - glad things are working out for you and Zoe!

9. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I repeat what everyone else has said. We do miss your humor around here but your right, your life, health and safty are far more important. As always I'm thinking about you guys and continue to wish you all the best. Hope z is enjoying her time at home right now. :)

10. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Hey, Xav! That is wonderful news! I'm so very happy that things are working out for you guys. It has been a long and hard road for you, but you have stayed the course. Keep up the great work, and please do check in as you are able.

11. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Well-Known Member

So glad to hear you're in better circumstances than you were a year ago. :thumbs2:

12. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    good to hear your keepin your nose above the water level X !!:thumbs2:

keep on keepin on brother :tiphat:

13. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  14. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    glad to hear things are on the up and up! baby steps X. the road to recovery is a long one at times.

15. Xavier

Xavier Classic Goth

Thank you! It is for sure a sometimes frustratingly slow process but we've had several times where things seem to have surged ahead at remarkable pace. More good news. Haven't been getting good enough hours at work BUT I just got my old job back which is better pay and better hours. Once caught up we should be able to get net at home again and I can get back to pestering you lot and learning about wagons.

I hope all is well with everyone. Have an awesome day!