Anyone had one (or more!) of their vehicles in a movie, commercial, or TV show?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by patrick80, Feb 13, 2014.

1. patrick80

patrick80 Wagonista!

Wagon Garage:
    Hell, while I'm thinking about this, have any of you had a car, truck or bike in a film, TV show, or a commercial?

In 2010, my wife, son, and I had our vehicles as principals in a film shot in Oklahoma called "Heaven's Rain". My Coronet is in the opening scenes (a home invasion/rape/murder), and a little later on in the movie, for a total screen time of about 30 seconds or so. My wife's '78 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham was in a scene where it's being driven up to the state prison gate, and it's in the film for about 10 seconds total. My son's '76 Chevy pickup was in a scene that didn't make the final cut, however.

"Heaven's Rain" is a true story, and a very powerful movie. We were very proud to have been involved in the film. Our names are even in the credits, too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Rain

Trailer and "buy the DVD!" here: http://www.christianfilmdatabase.com/review/heavens-rain/

2. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well that is really neat. :yup:

3. Dan Scully

Dan Scully Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  4. Long Roof Lover

Long Roof Lover Member

Commercial.....

I was storeing my 41' Buick at a buddys house an hour away. The cali. desert is famous for movie shoots and commercials so there are always scouts going around looking for locations to shoot. Well this company came out looking for an old vehicle to use in a BMW commercial. My bud's yard had about 35 cars in it and they picked mine, not because it was beautifull, but because it was ratty and unfinished. My buddy rented it to them without my knowing, and they did their commercial. After the fact he tells me about it and said that they would air the commercial in Germany. I'v searched for it and have never found it. So if you happen to see a commercial with a primer 41' Buick Sedanete and BMW in it, let me know.
    "Hep"

5. CustomCruiser90

CustomCruiser90 Well-Known Member

Neat stories so far, but I have a question about a commercial, that may well have one of the forums members' car or cars in it. There was a tv commercial for some wonderful new foreign car, and the ad was portraying all the cars that came before it. They were on a city street at night, mostly 1960's American cars, performing some light maneuvers and showy moves. I only saw it once.

6. GN300

GN300 Tipmaster G

Did he give you the money as a surprise?

7. 688guy

688guy New Member

Wagon Garage:
    This is true, they shot a lot of Dukes of Hazzard shows out there when I lived in Palmdale. They had a yard full of General Lee's and cop cars. I took my kid up there when he was about 5 and they let him crawl all over them and one of the guys even fried the tires off of one of them for him. He loved it! One night on the way home they made us get off the 14 freeway and take side streets for like an hour to film the snow scene from Planes, Trains & Automobiles. Man, did I have a headache after that...

8. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Love this movie! I was just telling my sister about it the other day...she never heard of it...:disagree:

9. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ive had a couple of mine in movies and commercials and TV shows ...most of the time its been barely worth the time and carnage .
    ...I almost had to repaint my Rambler after a 'Oh Henry' commercial:taz:
    Although theres been a few that were very financialy beneficial :bouncy:

never made it into the credits tho...very cool Pat:cheers:

10. 688guy

688guy New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Rev, I know what you mean and your avatar reminds me of a movie that my wife and I were extras in, The Blues Brothers (original one). It was a very long day of doing the same thing over and over again, then it ended up being just about 10 minutes on screen and we made about $4.50 an hour...

11. marcar1993

marcar1993 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    3 cars of mine were in the movie "foreign letters"
    My wagon was the "family car" and my cutlass and my dads 82 fairmont were background cars. The wagon is in the trailer briefly, and in several scenes in the movie. The cutlass and fairmont each got about 5 seconds or less of screen time. That was 2 long days of filming and not much in return, but hey whatever. Theres a much longer story, but I'm keeping it short.

http://foreignlettersthemovie.com/trailer/#trailer (Right around 2:14)

Also, my dad's 60 plymouth was in a movie in filmed in 1985 called "The Reunion" or at least that was the working title. Never found or saw the movie though I'd love to. And my dad's 76 t/a was supposed to be in some scene of "Detroit Rock City" though for some reason or another they bailed last minute. They payed him for showing up though.

12. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Looks really good against the green in the trees. Nice! (y)

13. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cool! Must be so awesome to see your car in a movie.

14. shelby18

shelby18 Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I had a '66 Mustang conv. that I restored back in the 80's. First it was in a Panosonic commercial, then in a Snickers commercial with me as the spokesperson. But the best was in a Playboy video, Erotic Fantasies II circa 1992. I still have a copy of that VHS. Got to watch the whole shooting. (y) The bad part when the camera boom went across the hood shooting through the front window it scraped across the hood. Took forever to get the payment for that.
    The thing that always bothered me about the whole thing was getting the money out of the folks that hired the car.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  15. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:

Apart from the scape and the money issues it must be a great feeling having them want to use your car?