Hi guys, All the lights on my instrument cluster stopped turning on when i have the headlights on. Any idea what could have broken? I'm thinking the dimmer switch, that sound right? 1988 Olds custom cruiser
Just what I was thinking. If I recall correctly, if your brake light fuse burns out you lose your dash lights too.. Check your fuse box and see what's burned out.
Brake lights and 4 way flashers share a common fuse. Dash lights are on the same circuit as the parking, tail, and side marker lights. If the exterior lights are working, then chances are it is the rheostat, which means a new headlamp switch.
Instrument light issue: headlight switch My '89 had issue but it was due to worn out rheostat on headlight switch. Many dead areas 200K miles just wore thru coils. Replacing took care of it. Yes check fuses for that could cause problem if it occurred with out warning.