Potential good bye to 'Adelaide' :-(

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by franck74, Feb 19, 2009.

1. franck74

franck74 Montreal

Hi folks,

Haven't been able to read or post much of this forum lately. New jobs and a toddler keep us all busy!
    As per the subject is stating, we're considering of letting our beloved Caprice go. Time has changed and we now have no choice but using her daily to go to work (7 miles X2). I don't believe those car were made to be used for short journeys and I must stay that although it exceeded our expectations for week end trips and holidays it isn't that great on a daily basis in Quebec's winter - not to mention the running cost.
    So this will probably happen early this spring which gives me time to find an alternative. If one of you or acquaintance is interested then I'll be happy to talk about 'Adelaide'. I hate to think that someone could just buy it to let it down....
    Here is a link to Adelaide's album (shot last fall). You'll notice the link on top of the page leading to 'Bernadette's album.... our second daily driver (STW of course) which happens to be very good too.

http://homepage.mac.com/franck2cv/PhotoAlbum72.html

Best

Franck

2. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Franck, my first wagon was a 1991 Loyale, 2WD. I hope Adelaide finds a good new home.

3. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    this has caprice estate written all over it!....no, really!

man, if i had the money. the beauty of my situation is my commute is 22 miles X 2 but all highway. And i wanted an excuse to go to quebec so i can visit my favorite brewery in chambly! :drink: sadly baby on the way = no cash.

4. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    Love it love it love it! If I could take her home, I would take her home and love her dearly (and probably put some di-noc on her). But sadly, I had to turn down a Electra wagon this week for only 100 bucks with a diesel!

I am so sorry to hear that you have to part with this yacht, I hope you can find a way to keep her!

5. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    What is your favorite beer? Unibroue has a restaurant that serves meals with ingredients from the beers they make. If you;re hea up this way, let me know.

6. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    wagonmaster: PM SENT

7. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Did you tell him he could buy beer in Quarts in grocery stores in Quebec? I think New Brunswick too.

8. a1awind

a1awind Tiki God

Wagon Garage:
    screw both of ya! :evilsmile:

im stuck (thanks to Pa state law. ) buying beer in regular old bottles and some of the ghetto's finest (old english 800, colt 45 etc) can be had in 40's but only purchased at a bar (2-6pack max per visit) or at a distributor by the flat ( 2-cases) no individual sale or building your own 6-pack to try new stuff. i miss florida! for that reason (and the weather, the beach, the lack of roadsalt, palm trees, fresh citrus, the neon, the salty wind, the sound of the ocean, seeing all the expensive cars, seeing all the expensive women,the food, the archatecture, the lack of emissions testing and safety inspections, window tint laws, ..oh oh sorry :rant:

9. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    We can build our own six packs here. We have a big variety of beer at my house right now. Bud Light on Tap, Natural Light and Natural Ice, and Hamms Light in cans. Schlitz and Lonestar in bottles, and finally, my favorite, Pabst Blue Ribbon in cans.

10. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ah, c'mon. Quebec's always been favoured with their beer regs. The rest of us have to buy from Provincial Liquor stores or regulated beer vendors.

Great for 16 year olds sent by the 'old man'. I used to do deliveries from a grocery store near our house, and they'd do random checks (call at home), so a lot of kids got away with it. (Circa 1965).

11. Dyna

Dyna Well-Known Member

I like the squareback wagon, yours reminds me about my 90 Buick Estatewagon.. well mine is woodgrain and so on but both wagon has a Harem Headliner :yippee:....

BTW no car is made to go short trips it kills them...

Cheers Dyna