Car Buddy Down for the Count

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Lounge' started by Safari57, Apr 24, 2013.

1. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    You are a good man and a good friend to have, Saf. It's admirable for you to stick close to your buddy's side through all his suffering. To have a friend like you in this kind of crisis is a real blessing. I'm sure I could only wish for such a friend if I were in a life threatening situation such as your buddy. I hope you pull him through so that you guys can continue your good times together.

2. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Saf, I've been reading up on your buddy's progress, and I'm so happy he in much better condition than just a short time ago when all this started.

I have a friend that had a bad stroke at the age of 48. But, like your friend, many miracles happened that day and the damage was not as devastating as it could have been. While he never did regain the use of his left arm, he was able to walk again with therapy, and now he is actually in much better overall health at 53, than he has ever been. Trim and fit with an outlook of gratefulness that he has more good life to live.

I pray your friend will fully recover and have a long and healthy life.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you too, Saf.

David :)

3. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    ^^^------------My thoughts also!:2_thumbs_up_-_anima

4. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just saw this post. Sorry to hear about it and hope he makes a fast recovery. Scary and sad.

-Mike

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Friendship and support are a great medicine, toss a bit of laughter/humor in when you can and it can be a super drug:) Wishing your friend the best,Saf. Your a good man to be a friend of:tiphat:

6. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Except for you and me Fat Tedy, there are some really nice members here. :evilsmile:

7. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good to hear the progress is coming...slow, but it is progress. Hang in there Saf. :)

8. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks for the kind words, and for the positive thoughts. It does mean a lot. We were up again this evening and every time we see him he is doing better, which is the way we always hope things will go. They are still unable to figure out why the blood clots so he continues to go through tests but all in all, he's stable, he is learning to walk again and with that back he should be good to go home. His arms work, his sense of humor is back full bore, and he is appreciative of everything that has happened to get him to where he is now.

Hey, I'm just a buddy who is doing what my buddies did for/with me when I had my stroke. Several of them, led by CS54, even showed up every Tuesday for a thrash day in my shop to get my 70 SS Chevelle together so I could use it. To me, that is what this is all about, friends being true friends and I suspect that there isn't one person on this forum who would not do the same for their friends - and friends of friends if that was necessary. It's why I enjoy this forum so very much. It is full of the best people one could ever hope to know.

9. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

"To me, that is what this is all about, friends being true friends and I suspect that there isn't one person on this forum who would not do the same for their friends - and friends of friends if that was necessary. It's why I enjoy this forum so very much. It is full of the best people one could ever hope to know."

Saf, you just nailed it right on the head there. This is a true family we have here, and man, do I miss everyone when I am gone for a day or two!