What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Jairus

Jairus Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well, I am VERY happy to hear this!!! :banana:

2. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    the late 70's

it WAS high school. it was also the same two guys where, one day, the driver dropped his cigarette. Which fell in his lap and then thru the hole in the seat underneath him and into the seat. SO,,, with the car still moving, he opened the door and stood on the door sill while he and the other front seat passengers looked in the seat, to find the cigarette before it set the seat on fire. He was hanging with his butt out the door and left hand steering,like that for almost fifteen seconds.:49:

3. 73super

73super Well-Known Member

When I think of some of the things we .... errr some people did in High School it's a miracle that we're.. err. they're here today!!! :whew:

4. mugzilla

mugzilla B F H er

Wagon Garage:
    Mike's Chevy Partsmore info‎
    7716 Deering Avenue
    San Fernando Valley, CA 91304
    (818) 346-0083

I haven't done one in years but these guys are knowledgable. The 50s' era + yard in n.sanfernando is gone. :mad:

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I have roughly 10,000 man hours fixing my 1955 Chevy wagon wiper system over the years. Last time my son helped me redo the pulleys and cable system and got it working like new. Sorta! An amazing system buried under the cowl and behind the dash with tensioners, cables, pulleys, and other neat stuff you can barely see or reach. But since 1987 it's mostly worked well. Except when it didn't!
    Wife and I were driving 140 miles south down to old Town Kissimmee for the annual large cruise nite. We'd had no rain for weeks. Beautiful sunshine and clear skies at night. Forecast was for the same down there. Got nearly there and I must have made a detour through a large waterfall with no ending for an hour. Rained so hard those puny little furrin cars were pulling over, some being washed off the road---or creek we were now in.
    My wipers were working perfectly doing their job. That is for a few minutes when they did what they always did. Each blade was now wiping the "A" pillar more than the windshield. I had to turn them off to prevent scratching the paint.
    Got where we were headed, thanks to Rain-X. Removed the wiper arms and reinstalled them back to their natural setting just above the windshield pointed inny. Next morning it was raining again. Same thing happened.
    But the sun came out tomorrow........... Yes Annie it did and the car show and cruise were great. Didn't rain again all weekend or the 140 miles home.
    That's when I ordered one of those fancy choke cable actuated motor systems. Been nearly two years and I only know it works while parked in the drive way. Where, by the way, the original system also worked! Still waiting for new wiper arms to fit the new wiper thingies sticking up thru the cowl.
    Thank goodness this is the sunshine state where it only rains...... randomly all summer. :mad:

6. Olyspud

Olyspud New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Just finished installing 12" power disc brakes on the front of the sedan delivery. Also went with 2" dropped spindles to get it lower the right way. When I first got the car someone had torched the front coils too far for my taste. Hopefully now it will look low without scraping up asphalt. Next plan, whenever I can afford it, is power rack and pinion steering. Then I'll start saving up for a decent paint job.

7. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What have I done lately? Took off the car covers and cleaned the windows. :)

[​IMG]

8. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

72, I simply LOVE that wagon of yours. I love the colours, and most, I love the stance. It just LOOKS right. Can't wait to hear that you finally have it running! Good luck, and we're all cheering for you!

9. knagy389us

knagy389us Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Replaced all the rubber fuel line on my '63 this past weekend. Doing some preventative maintenance as I ready for a 1000 mile round trip to the POCI-GTOAA co-vention on OH this July.

10. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks! Hopefully soon! :)

Well yesterday (Tuesday) I got the car moved to the upper part of the driveway. As you can see, no garage, so this is where all of the work will be taking place. lol.

My grandparents house is next door, they have both passed away and he has a 2 car garage, but it is so piled with junk, I could never get my car in there, s this is where at least most of the work will be done. lol.

[​IMG]

11. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

You know, out of all the cars I see there, 72, the only one I really like is the 72!

12. Cyber-Wizard

Cyber-Wizard Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    At long last my wagon is out of the garage again! It was a joy to be wagoning it up again on the way to work this morning. The 30 minute morning commute is going to be much better now. :bouncy:

Both the wagon and the Grand Marquis are due for emissions testing this year so I'm juggling the two of them to get everything done before the due date next week (Yep, I'm aware that I left it to the last minute:rolleyes:). The Mercury decided to throw an Emissions System error code last week and it looks like the tank has to be dropped to get a look at the cause. The new emissions testing system is such that the car won't pass if it's throwing a code. On the upside, the revamped system also means that some of the tests are no longer required for '96 and older cars. The NOX test that my wagon so frequently fails apparently doesn't exist anymore so it should be an easy pass this year.

I found myself going outside throughout the day to visit her.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  13. 72KingswoodEstate

Wagon Garage:
    haha, well thanks. :D The one that don't run is the one you like, lol. :p

Those are all of my other cars except for one you cant see, my '73 Pontiac Grand Ville which is down at my grandparents. I don't know why I have all of these cars, I need to downsize, but the new silver Honda is the car I won in December and I drive it on the weekends, the green Lincoln (basically a fancy Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis), I have owned for several years and it is my work car (I drive it about 700 miles per week M-F) and I have always wanted a "W140" chassis Mercedes (1992-99 S-Class) and finally got one last year (this one is 1993) and drive it occasionally. They are built like tanks, then there is the wagon also a tank, lol.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  14. nowukno

nowukno New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Made a wood cargo area for the wagon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Heya, now! You keep disappearing and showing up and I'm always glad about the showing up again part! :D Not only do we miss you, but.....every time you show up again you have made that wagon even prettier than the last time!(y) And that's not easy to do since you have already made it about the coolest looking bu out there.:yup: Looks great, ukno.:banana: