Just sayin hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by NAASBC355, Apr 29, 2013.

1. NAASBC355

NAASBC355 EngineMachinist

I'm an ASE Certified Master Engine Machinist and Master Technician. I teach Automotive at San Jacinto College. I'm looking for a wagon.

~Couch

2. AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Welcome NAASBC355!

3. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the nuthouse we call home. I have a feeling you'll fit right in! Now, to the nitty gritty; what kind of wagon, and how much? We are GREAT at spending other people's money, so we'll have you in the wagon of your dreams in no time at all!

4. Dewey Satellite

Dewey Satellite New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forum Couch! Glad to have you join us! :Welcome:

5. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:and good luck finding a nice station wagon to play with.

6. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: aboard.

7. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: hope you enjoy the ride NAASBC355 :cheers: from downunder

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck finding the right ride!
    Saw your mention of San Jacinto College and thought you were from Southern California, since I know there is a Mt. San Jacinto and a Mt. San Jacinto College in Riverside County.

Anywhos, you should find a decent selection of wagons in Texas. You might enlist the help of member 81X11 (Mike), who hails from Round Rock. He's got a wide field of view finding good stuff. He's just getting back from a trip to NJ late yesterday, so give him a day or so and he'll be checking in.

Also, if you want something older, don't be adverse to travelling to get it. I had my Safari shipped here from Wisconsin in December. Good member here checked it out for me.

Welcome to the SWF.

Marshall

9. NAASBC355

I have a Wanted ad in the wanted ad section I read they didn't want any classifieds in this section so I didn't post one. Here's a link: http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25064

I'm very serious about this there was one that fit what I was looking for perfectly but I was building an 82 regal (sedan) for a friend and needed space on my driveway I finished the Buick went to go make an offer for the wagon and it was gone :slap: had I finished the Buick just a week or two earlier I would have been able to get it but now I can only assume it's in that big junkyard in the sky. I stopped by the other day to ask what yard they took it to hoping to catch it before too many people had their hands on it but no one was home. Seemed abandoned. I haven't given up but I sit here now broken hearted. Maybe something will present itself down the road. Ive been a race car guy my whole life but now that I'm starting to add to my family I'm having an early life crisis in dad mode and want a clean full size V8 wagon with rear facing rear seat, wood trim, and roof rack. That way my son can get a good view from the back seat as dad pulls away from a struggling F body this is of coarse after a few modifications. A friend of mine had an '88 Caprice wagon in HS that came with an Olds 307 "Y" vin code roller engine. I could write a book about the research we did to make that engine to wake up. After putting Chevrolet valves, Dodge Magnum rocker studs, (screw in) roller tip rockers (for a ford) on a set of 3A heads (couldn't find any 5A at the time now I have two sets) a bigger roller cam, headers, duel exhaust, Dynomax race magnum mufflers, edelbrock performer intake, holley street avenger carb. (daily driver) and 14x3 K+N filter minus all emissions controls that 5000 pound car would sit down on the back tires and jump across intersections. :icon_drive: We had so many people fooled by that car and it was so much fun but maybe the best part of it all was it had massive brakes and tougher drive train than most cars of the time so it almost never broke down. I later bought an 88 Custom Cruiser that I loaned to a friend who burned up the motor before I could do anything with it and I was in no position to have yet another project car so I left it in his care to deal with and he sent it to the junkyard. I later went back to buy it back but... they crushed it.:banghead3: So in a manor of speaking wagons are my elenore. What happened to my friends wagon you say? The afternoon I went to hand him cash for his asking price he had hours earlier sold it to a guy who needed a CHEVROLET 307 and thought all 307s were created equal... He ripped out the custom gauge cluster we built for it and pulled the 307 he thought was a Chevrolet to try to put in his gen. 1 Camaro originally a 307 car. Never did it occur to him that a Chevrolet badged car could have an Oldsmobile engine in it. When he figured out his ignorant mistake he threw the motor in a dumpster and took the car to the scales for scrap metal. :eek3::mad::cussing::rant2:Hopefully this time around I can get one to stick. Sorry for the long post but that's the story that brought be here.

~Couch

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  10. NAASBC355

Also one last thing thanks for the warm welcome. :cheers::tiphat:

~Couch

11. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:

:Welcome:to the wagon train, NAASBC. Glad you found us!(y)
    I'm thinking that the best way for YOU to score a wagon is to hang around any junk yards near your friend's!:biglaugh:

12. NAASBC355

:slap: Or just start my own. :thumbs2: To think how much good American steel is now holding up our freeways in the form of rebar thanks to those who at one point in my life I would have called my friends... I don't talk to a single one of them I mentioned before. I'm much happier now than I was then.

~Couch

13. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: to the joint Couch