Urgent!!!! Forum help needed.

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by theshnizzle, May 1, 2013.

1. theshnizzle

theshnizzle Active Member

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/3778432815.html, so I have been looking at this ad fro a while as I know other members havebeen. I finally called and spoke with the owner, Matt, who was a very nice reasonable sounding fellow. I asked him about the car and he gave me some details.
    He lives about an hour east of Richmond Virginia and I am wondering ifcthere are any forum members who would find it in thier hearts to have a look see at this OCC.

This car looks good and the price cant be beat. I asked rhe owner id it would make a trip from his place to mine, east of Toronto and he , without hesitation, saidcyes and he didnt sound like he was bs-ing me.

Can anybody out there help me out before this car is snapped up.?

2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Good luck. Looks good and for the price be worth a try if someone actually looked it over first.

3. 1tireman

1tireman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sorry I am nowhere close but looks like a nice wagon and just wanted to wish you luck with it.

4. theshnizzle

Anybody in the Richmond area? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller.......

5. Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm not either but that's a good thing for you as this would probably be in my driveway at that price. :rofl:

6. teej

teej Well-Known Member

For that price, if it's what you want you had better jump on it. I know it's tough to buy something sight unseen, but sometimes you do have to take a chance and/or trust people. I wouldn't do it for a $10,000 car but I think that if you wait very long, someone is going to buy it. I wouldn't let it go over the weekend as I predict it would be gone by Monday.

7. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    We have disected this car on here in another thread or two, IIRC.:yup:

8. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

It looks very good in the photos, but the price is SO low that I'd be wondering what's wrong with it. On the other hand, as teej says, you might want to jump on it sight-unseen just because the price is low. For the asking price, and if it runs (and presumably drives) like he says, there's almost nothing that could be seriously-enough wrong with it that would make it not worth going after. Even the interior looks very good. Heck, if it turns out to be a disaster, you could sell parts off of it, and it wouldn't be long before you recovered your purchase price.

9. theshnizzle

Silver fox, what was the consensus on the wagon?

And, yes, it's all well and good to say jump on it but I am at least 12 hours away. And I have to import it over the border. And find a way to et to dudes house..... And get him some money for a deposit at least... Lotsa hurdles to be tackled from far away.

10. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My think iz that you could fly there and be home in a weekend and still not hurt for what you'd have invested. How bad can the ticket be from Toronto to Richmond. Where'z you sprit of adventure Man?:dance: Last time I was on your side of the Ambassador Bridge $ was tradin' about Par, WIN WIN,(y) Just do your home work with customs or you'll be spending too much time in Buffalo trying to get back home:D See how easy that waz, Jer

11. theshnizzle

Actually my spirit of adventure made me ride my Hayabusa from east of Toronto up to Alaska and back,by myself ,camping all the way, carried all my food,water and fuel a
    AND rode 350 k of gravel road on a fully loaded sport bike with street tires....

Rode in the rain every day and camped rain or shine and in 3 cel us weather. Slept on picnic tables,abandaned/ truck stops, church parking lots, and the side of the road,twisted the throttle at about 140 MPH for 9 hrs straight across the prairies, dodge a few black bears and 2 grizzlies.

Take THAT for sense of adventure!:) :) :)

I forgot to add I am a solo female traveler....." Dang!! That's a big bike for a little lady"!!!!!!

12. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I went back 70 pages and can't find where we inspected this one but I know we did...at length. About the same responses as now...hard to lose on it...better look at it, etc. The thing that is bothering me most right now is that it's still there. Gotta ask yourself why. Then again...just might be the deal of the century. You could probably get half your money back just selling the wheels.:yup:

13. Bigbarneycars

Bigbarneycars Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Schnizzle, I don't really care how many Bears you've dodged or what your Gender is and most of us have seen the blood spots on Hi-way 17 that cover the road from the big critterz that didn't get dodged. The real adventure would have been if you'd have come up beside an 18 Wheeler on a stretch of three lane road with him in the center lane and ducked under him and came out the other side and then twisted the wick! Go buy the long Roof, You're talkin' chicken feed at $900. I used to blow more then that in Toronto on a long weekend and never left the Motel! And I spent more then 40 years on Crotch Rockets too, You're preachin' to the choir:tiphat: HAPPY TRAILS, Jer

14. MrMister

MrMister New Member

Wagon Garage:
    If you did all of that, then you have nothing to fear with this wagon.
    Ride your bike down there, strap the wagon on your back, and then run over any mounties on your way back up. No problem.

On a more serious note, that is a really cool adventure. I remember when I was in junior high our youth leader at church took a bunch of us up to Yosemite in the summer. We went rock climbing, hiked up a seven mile trail, camped out, scared of bears, and then on the way back down turned on the heater and jumped in the river. It was really stupid because the river was freezing even though it was 90+ outside. So, we jumped in and right back out. Fun times though.

15. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Loved your adventure ride. Don't know what to say about the wagon. From what I could see it looks nice. Yet as stated seems odd to be for sale again, or yet. I'd say depends on if you have the time to spend and the dollars to gamble.
    On the other hand, my son builds those Hayabusa's into race bikes for his boss. Maybe ride down to Florida and have him put all new innards in it and add NOS and a turbo. You could drive back home in a matter of hours! As if they are slow already!!!!! :rofl2:
    What ever you do good luck. We're rootin for you!:dancing: