1982 Caprice Estate

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by MotoMike, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

2. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Posted before or not, this car deserves to be seen again! Its stunning! I love it!

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Very nice. That's a great color.......

4. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Very, very nice Caprice. :bouncy:

5. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Beautiful! About the only thing I can see it does not have is the power seats, but oh, well. How often do you come across one of these in this shape, in this colour, and with this much equipment? Not very often is my guess.

6. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    oh baby baby

This one looks mighty fine, indeed. Looks like Scottsdale and having a garage to keep it in, has been very good for this car. Not sure how much more than that I would take the bid. BUT, they do have several big, televised car auctions in Scottsdale every year. Maybe that's having an influence on the reserve.

7. CustomCruiser90

CustomCruiser90 Well-Known Member

I notice too it doesn't have the rubber strips on the bumpers, not a bad look. Mine is shredded on the back, think I'll just take it off and polish it. I love that the Chevrolet Estate is just as plush as at least the Safari and the Custom Cruiser. The Buick still has the drop on the first three as far as plush goes though.

8. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

Also lacks cornering lights. Still a terrific wagon.

9. Taranau

Taranau Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    not a base model, it's true

Have seen too many Chevies of this era, just beat to sh@t. Chevy being one of the brands "it's okay to run into the ground". It's just a Chevy, after all... :49: And, by this era in GM stationwagons, there really wasn't too much difference between the brands. Like you pointed out. The trim level, mostly, made the differences. Although, there was still a base model of this one. And they got the worst of the treatment by the "automotive barbarians". This one should NEVER end up a "worktruck", as I've seen happen to far too many a wagon. Even once saw a 65 Mercury Comet woodie wagon being used as a painter's worktruck. :mad: One of the reasons I think there should be; The Nice Old Car Police:2_thumbs_up_-_anima. So guys like us could go around "confiscating" abused and mistreated nice old cars.:party:

10. 72KingswoodEstate

72KingswoodEstate Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah I was going to mention that. Were cornering lights optional on these by '82? I am not sure what the first year that cornering lights were offered on these. I don't think they were optional before 1980.

I know that my old '85 Caprice Estate had the cornering lights. It was loaded the max.

11. hvanzanten

hvanzanten Member

Is it worth $12K though? That's what they quoted me when I called them. Auction at $9350 right now and reserve not met.

12. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My thoughts only - how often does a 31 year old car with this low mileage come in to play? I know KK got an incredible deal on his Pontiac and he waited a long time and had a lot of frustration along the way finding the right car.

IMHO, if the car has the options you want, is honestly what the seller indicates it is, and you have to pay 12 grand for it versus finding one with higher mileage, needing work, and then have to start putting money in to it and while doing so are not out enjoying it, are you better off?

If this were me and this is the style, in the year range, and had the options I wanted or enough of them to keep me happy, I'd spring for it. If the care and attention it has had to date is maintained or even amplified it will provide years of enjoyment, pride, and retain a fair amount of its value although that last is a best guess.

Buy the best one you can afford, you won't regret it.

13. MotoMike

MotoMike Well-Known Member

This one is a fairly rarely seen color too that is really beautiful. Wonder why folks didn't opt for it more when new? :confused:

14. hvanzanten

hvanzanten Member

Well, I put in an offer of $10,650 with seconds to go. Wasn't the high bidder. Either way, reserve wasn't met. Think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they are willing to let go of the $12,000 asking price.

15. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Over $10k and it hasn't met the reserve? They're nuts. Seller should drop that reserve immediately. IMO, the market value of this one should be around $6-7k at the most.