Garage photos

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by OrthmannJ, Feb 23, 2013.

1. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

Nice, neat garage. Mine is in a constant state of disaster....:banghead3:

2. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Yeah, I did.
    Purty aint she?

Well, I'm ashamed to say, I sold it. I had the 4wd Exploder and the 2wd crew cab. I wanted one rig in the place of the two. I bought the 96 crew cab with intentions of swapping the body of the 78 onto the diesel 4wd chassis. The 96 just ended up being way to nice. So I sold the Exploder and the 78 crew cab. I still miss it. I'll have another someday.

3. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

ya,ya,,,,ya sold it....but I wanted it![​IMG] A guy has to do, what a guy has to do(y) If it wasn't for the travel, oh I would have been all over it! My honey and I have been wanting exactly what you sold for years..... I could bring that truck you sold home as a suprise and Deb would make me dinner with a smile! , we have wanted one for so long. I keep island hunting for one, but when they show up.....they just are not worth it or the sellers have dreams of Barret Jackson.

4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    They were a great act. Comedy today is nothing like the "good ole dayz."
    [​IMG]

5. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

No Sh**! I wish I could have seen Caroll Burnet live, but Deb and I were luckey enouph to see rite here in Victoria live, the Smuthers Brothers, Bill Cosby, and RIP George Carlin...... Now those are are shows I'll get out of the house to see:yup:

Funny though, had some old rock bands come to town from my youth who never would have come this small island in there day..... never went to see them. false teath, oxygen masks, wheel chairs, 911 on hold...er I ment waiting at the stage, sceaming,not able to sing anymore....just like to remember them.....the way they/we were:rofl2:

6. Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Cool topic!

Here's my museum. Must be as there's only antiques and memorabilia in there. :rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's an old Ricky Rudd Tide T-Bird nose next to the Cruiser. On the back wall is my 1980 Red Line Pro-Line BMX bike. I built it from scratch & put a million miles on it back in the day. It also honed my skill of being able to break just about any part; a skill I practice to this day with cars. :slap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In between the two garage spaces is the hang out area. I made the pub table using one of the original wheels from my first Buick Grand National along with the emblems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little die cast collection was compiled by my grandfather who was an avid old car buff. (I see the Duesenberg is in a bit of distress.) :90:

[​IMG]

Here's the '29 Model A he restored. The photos were taken in the mid-'70s and that's me and my siblings in the rumble seat. The calipers and mics were grandpa's too.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple fun things on the shelf. Ten years ago I participated in the sponsors' bracket race (in an Astro van) at the US Nationals a couple years in a row. In 2003 I garnered best reaction time and followed it up in '04 with the worst of the race. A great pair of plaques! :clap:

[​IMG]

Autographs and car show plaques.

[​IMG]

Here's where all my little die cast cars wind up.

[​IMG]

The turbo Buick corner.

[​IMG]

:Welcome: Anyone rolling through Memphis is welcome to stop in for a spell.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Greg is it legal to have a garage floor that clean? If I had that lounge I'd just about live out there.

8. marcar1993

marcar1993 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    My garage probably back in 08, little has changed. Add some shelves and more tool boxes, on the left and more car parts scattered.... mind you this is where my wagon sits and I do most all of my work.

[​IMG]

9. Olds Weighty Eight

Wagon Garage:
    Funny thing, shortly after I moved in here the air handler in the house died on Fourth of July weekend. Of course the weather was hot as blazes so until it could be fixed, I put a sleeping bag under the ceiling fan out there, turned on the A/C unit and slept rather well in the man cave.

10. marcar1993

marcar1993 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    It looks so much bigger without a car, mind you the wagon is MUCH bigger.

[​IMG]

11. Olds Weighty Eight

Wagon Garage:
    Oooooh! Nice Cutlass! (y)

12. BlueVista

BlueVista Well-Known Member Charter Member

I hate to say it but I just have tools, a workbench, a lift, and a slop sink in my garage, it smells like gas and oil too.
    No interior decorating.:cry:
    I love the gas and oil smell, when I'm feeling down all I have to do is go out to the garage and snort a whiff and I'm reinvigorated and ready for action.:dance:

13. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Marcar, now that's a real man's garage. Triple the size and triple the junk and you are getting the picture of a real garage. Add a washer and drier plus boxes of old car books and old parts.

As for the smell and puddles BlueVista, my garage will make you forget all of your worries after a few sniffs.

But all is not lost. I have a John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, and other pictures on the walls along with a large assortment of useless Buick and Caddy hubcaps and other parts.

Did I mention the shed out back with three cars and enough parts to start my own junk yard?

14. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    You guys have some great garage spaces. Seems like I have to some decorating. I've got no wall art at all........heck, the walls aren't even painted.

15. ModelT1

Wagon Garage:
    Does bare particle board count?:49: