Hey Krash...lookie what I found today!

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by TopherS, Jan 6, 2013.

1. TopherS

TopherS Well-Known Member

I was out to the junkyards today and found this 81 Bonneville. It looks to be in good nick and may have some parts you need...or at least would like to have extras of... The front lights appear to be in great shape...the turn signal lenses don't seem to have any scratches/crazing in them...which I'm led to believe is rare. The side marker lights appear to be in great shape, as well...same as the chrome that surrounds the front lamps. The grille seems good, but is a little green from the wet weather we've been having. The car seems to be a green/gold two-tone color with a green/gold interior. The seats seem to be ok, but I don't know if there's any mold/mildew. The car has power driver seat, but manual windows/locks. There's also a pillar moulding on the B-pillar...but I don't know if you already have them...or if the wagon counterpart has the same B-pillar.

The car is at the Pick-n-Pull (nee: U-Pull-It) on SE Foster Rd/SE 111th Ave. I don't know if you have time to come up or if you need/want any parts off of it. According to their inventory list, it went into the yard on 12/13/12...I don't know how long it will stay...but it's still intact, so it may stay a little while...???

If you're really wanting parts, but can't make it up, I could take another trip over there tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Good find!

Interior color and upholstery appears identical to mine. (A very light beige). All my trim is in pretty good condition, including those same B pillar moldings. If I saw anything that it has that I don't have, I might be interested. How about a manual remote Right side outside mirror (the toggle would be on the dash right above the HVAC controls, below the dash pad? I'd like cornering lamps too, but it appears this one doesn't have them. Did it have the gauge package? (Right side binnacle - 'idiot' light panel like mine has only the gas gauge and lights for coolant, battery and one other.) Wheels wouldn't be of any use since the sedans and coupes use a different bolt pattern than the wagons.

3. TopherS

TopherS Well-Known Member

In looking at the pictures on my computer (they show up bigger on my downloads from my mobile), I can see that above the HVAC unit, there appears to be a lever that moves up/down (rear defrost, maybe?)...to the right of that appears to be some sort of plastic panel...then to the right of that are two holes (squarish). If the mirror remote mounts in one of the holes, then I suspect that the car doesn't have them, because the holes are not used. As far as the gauge package, I can't quite tell from my photo...and if I'm honest...I cannot remember. :oops: You're right...that this car doesn't have the cornering lamps (truth-be-told, I've been secretly wishing them to appear on your car...whether you wanted them or not :rofl:). The Pick-n-Pull locations seem to take all the wheels off...they weld them together and use them to support the cars on in the yard.

BTW: I nabbed the hood ornament...'cause you don't have one on yours (or at least your photos don't show it's been replaced)...and hood ornaments don't last long in the yards, it seems. If you want it, it's yours...late Christmas/car-warming gift...just PM me with your info.

4. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

Sheeeeeze KK, TopherS just gave you a belated X-mas present:dance:. Need it or not, IMO get what you can, ya just never know......and what better way to have extra never gona find them parts....when you can view them:2_thumbs_up_-_anima

Mite(?) even have your tail gate bumper filler.........

Hood oranament for starters........
    [​IMG]

5. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

I wonder if that front seat is in better shape (more comfortable) than Krash's front seat. That was the one thing Krash com[lained about the first time he drove it. I'm sure Krash doesn't have the green fuzzy dice. He does need those.

6. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I'd be grabbing everything off that front end and inside I could get at a reasonable price.
    Someday....maybe someday you will need them. Even those green dice. :rofl2:

7. PineBox

PineBox Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I believe that is the discontinued yellow colored tropical mango Xmas Tree air freshener.
    That would be must a have here.
    SWMBOs PT Cruiser is green, with palm trees on the dash mat and license frame. And probably a Jimmy Buffett CD in the slot.

8. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    Look close on the hood.....
    [​IMG]

Yup. Got a hood ornament. Thanks very much for thinking of me, Topher. I'll have to drive the L.Y. up to soon for a look-see.

Front seat looks fairly comparable to mine.

Just had a thought. If something happens to the body of the Safari, I probably won't be able to keep it as a 'woody'. I would need those wide lower chrome moldings to make it a 'non-woody' Bonneville Safari.

9. MikeT1961

MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

Grab those lights and bezels, for sure! They are hard to come by! Grab anything you can while you can. I don't know about there, but around here a car of that vintage is crushed just as soon as the yard can get it in there! That makes finding parts very difficult indeed. I'd grab the arm rests, too, if they are good. Finding them later will be very difficult indeed. Ok, so I'm a hoarder when it comes to finding car parts made from unobtainium. But why let the crusher have them?

10. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Bonvoyage Krash , hook in before its gone and grab what you can

11. Krash Kadillak

Wagon Garage:
    I think I'll have to drive up there...........
    Can't do it before Tuesday at the earliest.

12. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Krash just go shoping on Tuesday you will never know if you dont go . good luck on your venture

13. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like a lot of walk-around space there in the garage with the door closed. :rofl2:I looked closely at the hood. All I noticed were a few water spots.

14. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Krash - when you get there ask to see their wheel section and look for your wheels. Take a tape measure so you can ensure you are getting the five on five. You just never know what was on that car when it came in.........

Put a big blanket of whatever in the back of the wagon because you might have quite a load of wheels and other bits to haul home.........four wheels can take up a fair amount of space, particularly if the tires that were on them are in excellent condition.............