Yes, it does. From the ad text, it sounds like the seller really doesn't know the history of the vehicle.
I called, fairly had my ear talked off. Good call Krash, he said he bought it a year ago and it's pretty much a mystery car. Man I wonder if four grand in hand would do, or maybe five.
I learned to drive on a '63 Falcon (sedan)....... Before deciding whether $4k should buy it, it needs to be checked out thoroughly. Check underbody for signs of rust - up under the rocker panels, inside the rear part of the fenders, inside the 'dog leg' area of the quarter panels (the 2-3" section of the quarter panel between the rear door opening and the wheel opening). You also need to decide if this type of wagon is what you want. The early Falcon is pretty basic transportation.......
I like basic simple designs. In my youth I had quite a few old Volkswagens. I've also had a Dodge Dart, Olds Cutlass, and a beast of a 1970 Ford Ltd. Back then you could get a classic driver for a few hundred. The guy did seem to think it underpowered, and recommended upgrading the engine and tranny. Not sure how a purist would feel about that.
The 170 "thrift power" engine was more than somewhat underpowered. VW Beetles would beat my mom's across an intersection and then never to be seen again, just these little red taillights way off in the distance It was tough, let me tell you, to have not just the slowest car at the drivein, but the absolute slowest. But it ran ok, got ok mileage for the time, the automatic was decent, a basic nothing car that got the job done at the time like most everyone else had (only theirs were quicker). I even got beat by a "gasp" Rambler. I was so embarrassed
I drove my Bug's like the race car designs that they are. More than once I'd bury the speedometer, which ran to 100mph. Now I doubt I could touch one for under several grand, I paid $400 for my first one in 1989.
Beautiful looking little wagon. As a show car, keep her original and enjoy. As a driver, swap in the front end, including K-member, and rear end from a V-8 Mustang or Falcon, drop in a nice little 302/5 speed or AOD combo, some good disc brakes, and you have one sweet little restomod that will go very well indeed.