I'm David, from Huntsville, Al. Retired automotive repair shop owner. Hobbies are old toy restoration,and refurbishing my old rides.
Welcome to the nut house! Hope you enjoy your stay. Tell us all about your old rides, and don't forget the pictures!
Welcome to the madness David! Ok......I see "edsel" in your screen name. Don't keep us waiting long,post up some of your Bermuda please!
Welcome, I live right above the AL border, just north of Huntsville. I don't know if you are in to the car show scene, but if you haven't already, check out http://huntsvillecarscene.com.
Welcome.... Thanks all for your words of welcome. I only have one wagon at the present time, a 1985 VW Quantum, but have had others in the past. Some of my other rides (in various states of operation or non-operation) are 1964 Galaxie 500XL 4 dr. ht (for sale), 1987 Fiero GT, 1967 Falcon Futura 4 dr., 1987 Yugo GV, 1990 Yugo GV+, 1976 Nova 4 dr., and a 1959 Edsel Ranger 2 dr.. I'll be asking for some help in locating Quantum parts, as well as some technical assistance, and will try to contribute what I can to the forum in general. Thanks , David.
Welcome.... EagleFreek.... I'm located in Woodville. I used to go to some of the shows, but it seems that most of the shows now are geared to the "tuner" type cars, and not enough of the older classic cars. PM me about shows, etc. Thanks, David.
Welcome.... MotoMike.... I do have an Edsel, a 1959 Ranger 2 dr. My dad, brother and I also have a 1958 Villager 9 pass. wagon at my brother's house in Destin, Fl. He is in the middle of a restoration at the present time. Hope to have it back on the road in 2013. I'll try to get some pics the next time I am there, and post to the forum. Thanks, David.
ooooo....lookin forward to seeing them....ive got a Bremuda...and I also have made promises that it will be driving next year... to the board !!
Welcome .... jrwscout,..... Thanks for the welcoming words. the Rev,..... The '58 Bermuda is still a work in progress, even though we have had it for over 30 years. Restoration was only started about three years ago, but the car was in inside storage for the years prior. Motor and trans have been rebuilt, and a new roof panel and floor pan repairs have been completed. This car is a Mahwah, N.J. early build (two weeks before start of official Edsel production @ Mahwah), and has numerous Ford part numbered pieces, rather than Edsel part numbered pieces. It is not, however, a pilot car. We don't really know the full story on this car as of yet. Car is turquoise w/ white top and scallop. lever shift automatic, 9 passenger, spinner/applique caps, wood grain. A 100% complete car. Is your car in Phil Skinner's Edsel database? If not, you should pass on the information on both lines of the vin plate to him. I can give you contact info. if you need it. Thanks, David.
No David...i havent bothered to register it. but i do know of the registry yours sounds like mine cept ..mines the pushbutton auto. theres pictures in my garage...and i look forward to seeing yours
Welcome.... theRev.... Your Bermuda is almost identical to ours. Ours has spinner caps. Our biggest challenge will be replicating the wood grain finish. The rails aren't a problem, as those can be "painted" (much like doing the "wood" dash panels on older pre-war cars) to match the originals, and then cleared w/ a semi gloss finish. I would imagine that the wood grain can be done in a similar fashion, but might be very expensive to hire it done. David.