Looking for information....

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by edselsouth1, Sep 22, 2012.

  1. edselsouth1

    edselsouth1 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2012
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    9
    Location:
    Woodville, Al.
    I have had some wagons in the past, and I just recently have acquired a 1985 VW Quantum wagon, 4 cyl., 5 speed, 90,500 original miles. I can find very little information on this wagon, and even the folks on the various VW forums know little about them. First off, does anyone know of any yards that might have such a vehicle? Parts are almost non-existent it seems. Anyone on the forum have a Quantum? Any information is appreciated. Thanks, David.
     
  2. MikeT1961

    MikeT1961 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    Messages:
    5,782
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    110
    Location:
    , Ontario, Canada
    Good luck with the Volkswagen. Unfortunately, the Quantum was never a particularly popular model. They were quite pricey for what you got when they were new. I remember looking at one, and there was not way Ma was paying as much for as Volksie as a Volvo. Those are her words, by the way. It seems a lot of people thought the same way. They are certainly nice to drive, though, as long as you like front wheel drive.
     
  3. edselsouth1

    edselsouth1 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2012
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    9
    Location:
    Woodville, Al.
    Quantum info....

    MikeT1961...... Thanks for your reply. I have owned a couple of VW bugs, a Dasher diesel wagon, a Karmann Ghia, and a few other VW cars, but the Quantum wagon is by far the hardest to get anything for, as far as body and interior parts. Mechanical is no problem though. I did have a couple of Volvo wagons also, but the electricals were a nightmare.
     

Share This Page