What have you done to your wagon lately? (Let's keep the thread going!)

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Dogbone, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SwannyMotorsports

SwannyMotorsports Well-Known Member

Seats look awesome Safari, I LOVE your wagon

2. Safari57

Safari57 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Blush :)

Thank you Swanny. After I posted I went out and wiped off the loose thread on the drivers seat and touched up the seat tracks again seeing I missed a couple of areas looking at these pics.

3. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Those seats look SO comfy. I wish I had some like it and they would fit.
    I really need to get some good maroon seats out of a 94-96 Roady wagon. The seats in my Cappy are killing me. I mean, BAD. They are probably fine for most people, but, I can't get in that car and drive it 20 blocks without my back going out. At my age it's really causing bad problems. I love the car but the seats are nothing like the Buick seats for comfort and fit. The Buick seats are the only one's I know of that would fit. Right this minute my back is killing me from driving the car 3 nights ago. Have to go to the chiropractor every time I drive the car. A shame, too. The seats are nice looking in there, but, they don't fit me right at ALL. I hate to change anything because it looks so good and the seats are cherry. A great car but I need better seats. My back is killing me as I type.:( I may just sell the car rather than mess with its good looks.

4. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yup - I believe those are identical to the ones Tedy put into his Cutlass.

5. CapriceEstate

CapriceEstate Yacht Captain

Wagon Garage:
    Finally found an amp for the Colony Park, just waiting for it to get here, now.

6. TheLoyale

TheLoyale Subaru Alliance

Wagon Garage:
    These were at two car shows in June.

This was the Madison/Fitchburg meet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My old '95 Outback, which is now owned by MilesFox.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the Greenfield meet.
    [​IMG]

As for what I've done lately.

Custom fit an Inclinometer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added Black to the Door cars and other bits on the interior.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at getting JDM Corner Lights!

7. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    Gosh, Fox, it is not a good thing when your pride and joy causes you pain. I know what you speak of, we got to the point where just going to car club brekkie from time to time was considered an ordeal. So change the seats and make yourself happy again. You do have a stunning car, we just need to find you the seats to complete it the way you need it.

8. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    The interior is looking real good Loyale. Nice looking car - looks like it is fun to drive.

9. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I was wondering what happened to your Outback, Loyale? I guess, since Miles got it, it still resides with a true Suby guy!:D I love the way you get ideas and keep adding things to your car that enhance it without ever making it look overdone. You have good ideas and a good eye and your cars show it.(y)

10. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks, Saf. I really don't have the time and energy to mess with this kind of project anymore. And, as mentioned, I don't want to spoil the stock appearance of this nice car. I am really thinking about selling the car and maybe going for a Suby from the PNW. I love the car and the new engine from 96 still hasn't broke 3000 miles. I will lose a ton of money on it but I have never got my money back from a car I built. Friends have driven my car and have sat in various seats without a problem. Seems I am just not built right for this seat. Or, it could be just the way I have to get in and out that is screwing up my back. I would not mind selling it, but, I just hate taking a big loss on this nice wagon. Not to mention that I think it's a gorgeous car and love driving it except for my incompatibility with the seat. But, I think the problem may force a sale. I would put it on eBay if I knew how.

11. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    Yep, Fox, you have to be able to use it or why keep it? We had to sell our '72 vette convert, big block car, we loved it, but I could not get out of it. I had to roll out onto my knees - a tad embarrassing, and then once I stood up (it took a minute - not a few seconds, a real minute) I was crooked over for the first several steps. Same goes for the Chevelle but not as bad. I'm not on my knees, but I can barely walk for the first little bit and thus it too will probably go down the road with someone else behind the wheel. But the wagon, we are hopeful the seats do the trick and if not I'll figure something else out. It is the one vehicle I'll suffer through anything to keep, but use may become minimal if these seats don't make it better. They are much like our truck seats and those I can ride in for hours at a time so we are hopeful. But yours, if it isn't doing what you need it to do and changing it kills the value of the car and is something you are not in to doing, then selling and buying a Subie is probably what you need to do. Losing some money is never fun, but its not like any of us hasn't in the past (well, most of us, I know there are some here who do very well when they do decide to sell).

When you come west for your holiday/get a new car, let us know. We'll figure out a way to get where you are and have a visit. You can Amtrak it out as one option, but flights are not expensive and heck, you could use a holiday. And if you need us to look at a car for you (and we aren't somewhere on the road) we'll gladly do so. I'm sure Tedy and REV will offer the same. And if you need a place to spend a day or two, just PM us. We've got lots of room, or you can Airstream it in our park like yard.

As for listing on Ebay, I've not done this either but perhaps someone who has will take you through the process offline.

12. TheLoyale

TheLoyale Subaru Alliance

Wagon Garage:
    There needs to be a popcorn icon in this forum, as its entertaining to watch the discussions. I'm kinda shocked that these landyachts have somewhat poor seating. Is it just due to age, or is it just from design?

As for the Outback, yeah I sold it to Fox, after I swapped in another working 4EAT (Reverse clutch failed in the original) The car seems to be doing alright now, its throwing some electrical codes and a PO420 code which is for the Cat. Its probably just plugged from the 227,000 miles.

Fox/Safari, thank you for the comments.

So, does a 80-series Landcruiser count as a Wagon? Other countries call them a wagon body :tiphat:

13. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yes...it's due to age.............of the DRIVER!:rofl2:

14. Safari57

Wagon Garage:
    Same goes for my vette and chevelle - the seats were/are just fine for a body that has not gone through what mine has.

A few times in the past someone has used a popcorn icon and I loved it. Do not know where it came from but have not seen it on our list of icons available.

You say Fox bought your Subie. OUR Fox? Or is that a misprint and you meant some other Fox. Can there be another real Fox?

I know in BC my wife's S10 2wd 2dr Blazer is legally considered a Station Wagon by Motor Vehicles and also the Insurance Corp.

15. silverfox

silverfox New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yeah, Saf....and in Wisconsin, too. Guy by the name of Miles Fox...hangs out on USMB, the Suby forum, occasionally and a friend of TheLoyale's.