Matix Muti Mile Tire Question...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Tech' started by Fat Tedy, Jun 7, 2011.

  1. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Does any onr know if they are made in North America, or on the other side of the pond?

    I may have a sceaming deal on a set of 4 for the Crewzer that have under 1000 miles on them but I can't find any info on the net as to where they are made.

    [​IMG]Q4-39 † P205/70R14

    Link Below:tiphat:

    http://www.multimiletires.com/tires/Detail.aspx?lineid=226&application=Passenger

    This is what I can get for $150 OBO....

    I would NOT be using the rims....
    [​IMG]

    Or should I just say FU' It and get some tires on 1 set of my summer only wheels?

    [​IMG][​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. 1tireman

    1tireman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2011
    Messages:
    5,432
    Likes Received:
    280
    Trophy Points:
    253
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Slidell, Louisiana
    One of the tire distributors I used to use offered multi-mile tires and I am not 100% but pretty sure they are chinese tires.
     
  3. tbirdsps

    tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5,340
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Ridgecrest, Ca.
    They are a Cooper brand but I can't find where they are manufactured.
     
  4. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Cooper tires were always made in Findlay, OH. Still are as far as I know.
    EDIT:
    just found this......
    In addition to the Texarkana and Tupelo plants, Cooper operates tire plants at Findlay, O., and Albany, Ga.

    I also found some disturbing lawsuits back in 99 & 2000 about defective tires. But that can happen to any company.
    I have noproblem with Multi Mile tires...I've used them on DD without problems. Best to find the mfg. date when buying used tires though.
     
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  5. Stormin' Norman

    Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    19,625
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    813
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Tedy, if its any help, Firestone had/has a tireplant in Whitby, Ontario. They supply the GM plants in southern Ontario. PPG also has an automotive paint plant there, for the same reason.
     
  6. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
    Thanks for all the info guys:tiphat:
     
  7. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada
  8. tbirdsps

    tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5,340
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Ridgecrest, Ca.
    To me pretty much any tire made in NORTH AMERICA is good for me. I'm on a one man ban on buying anything from China. It's hard but I always buy at home when I can. It's not always possible but tires I still have a choice. I like Uniroyals and they are Canadian.
     
  9. Safari57

    Safari57 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2009
    Messages:
    4,291
    Likes Received:
    312
    Trophy Points:
    202
    Wagon Garage:
    2
    Location:
    Vancouver Island, BC
    I'm with you on the buy off this continent when ever possible. And you are right, it is tough to get things not made in China or India.
     
  10. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada

    I'm with both of you!

    So now I wait:slap:...seller is out of town and will contact me this weekend, if he gets back:taz:
     
  11. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    Multi-Mile is a decent tire for the price. I have a set on my Chevy van. Here is a link that might help. http://www.harriger.com/tire1.htm:thumbs2:

    On the original posting that I have, it mentions to look at the first 2 letters/numbers (should be 4 total not including date) immediately following the "DOT" stamp on the sidewall of the tire. This is the location the tire was made.
     
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  12. silverfox

    silverfox New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2009
    Messages:
    16,780
    Likes Received:
    12
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I especially lke this one.......

    18 DONG HAI RUBBER FACTORY SHANGHAI CHINA
     
  13. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada

    01 kinda confuses me, WTF is China and California conected....made in China, sold in Cali? Do they tell buyers this?

    01 CHINA MANUFACTURERS ALLIANCE VALENCIA CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES
     
  14. dodgeguy

    dodgeguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2007
    Messages:
    596
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    69
    Wagon Garage:
    1
    Location:
    Southport, NC
    Probably made in California by a Chinese owned company.
     
  15. Fat Tedy

    Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2009
    Messages:
    18,099
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    1,108
    Location:
    Victoria BC Canada

    Big thanks for the link:wave:...
    ....but I have to be a smart @ZZ.....owned by China made in Cali....I find it hard to believe China wouldn't do what ever it takes to cut corners and cheeep out when it comes to North American standards
     

Share This Page