Top 10 Movie Car List

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by wagonmaster, Feb 23, 2008.

1. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
  2. Roadking41A

Roadking41A Well-Known Member

The movie car from Grease doesn't qualify IMO

3. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold New Member

Wagon Garage:
    The "Wagon Queen" wins again!

Clark

4. That Hartford Guy

That Hartford Guy Mopar no more.

Christine didn't make the top ten?

That 58 Fury is far more recognizable than some on that list.

5. elwoody1973

elwoody1973 Crazy for Clamshells

yeah, i dont quite agree with that list. but when a movie car list is made up, i hardly ever do. the bullitt mustang, the bluesmobile, herbie the love bug, and the family truckster would basically tie for first in my book! i guess i can be a little indecisive! lol. and i guess the ghostbusters caddy ambulance would fit up there too. see what i mean?!!

-bob

6. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    hmm....maybe we shoud do a poll of fave "car movies"...?;)

theres some really good car movies that people seem to forget about...
    some are about cars....some just have loads of cool ol cars in them!:D

Christine?...California Kid?...My Girl?...mad mad mad world?...Hollywood Knights?...I could go on for days:disagree:

7. elwoody1973

elwoody1973 Crazy for Clamshells

absolutely rev, i agree with you. there really are a bunch of great ones out there that a lot of people might not know about. then like you said, there are a lot that dont necessarily make a big deal out of the cars in it but there are many cool ones in that particular movie.

i love its a mad mad mad mad world! classic movie with classic comedians...and cars! christine is a favorite too. ive sadly never seen the california kid though, but im working on that!

-bob

8. wagonmaster

wagonmaster Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Wagon Garage:
    Ronin and Cannonball Run have great cars and great chase scenes. There is a Volvo V70 wagon in Ronin

9. TopherS

TopherS Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite movies are:

The Legend of Billie Jean - 73 LTD wagon (some decent action)
    Adventures in Babysitting - Late 80's Buick Electra Estate Wagon
    Vacation - we all know that one :)
    Christmas Vacation - Gotta love a Taurus wagon with woodgrain!!!
    Even 16 Candles had a very short scene with a LeBaron Town & Country (late 70's model), backing out of the driveway...and its backup lights don't work (I'm a dork for noticing these things).

One of my all-time favorites is North Avenue Irregulars, with a brownish 75-78 Country Squire (loaded, but without the luggage rack...interesting...looks wierd, but part of me likes it). There's a great scene with the CS chasing a van, bouncing through an intersection with 3 wheels off the ground (had to slo-mo the DVD to be sure) and there's a great (but sad at the same time) derby at the end, involving the CS and a 77-79 Lincoln Mark V, amongst various other cars. The car is KO'd part-way through the derby, but a soccer mom kicking a$$ with her station wagon rocks in my world.

There's another movie that I can remember as a kid, but can't seem to find anything about it...Jimmy the Kid. Had Gary Coleman as a bored, rich kid who gets kidnapped by some goofs using a "how to kidnap a kid and get rich with ransom" book, which, in the end, turns out to be written by Gary's character in the first place. The movie had them in a 75-78 Country Squire, light blue, but with an outhouse trailer hitched to the back. I don't remember if I ever really liked that movie, but I remember the wagon... That movie's nowhere to be found.

Some of those movies aren't necessarily all that great, but I like them for the wagons.

I also love good chase movies (Smokey and the Bandit (all three); Cannonball Run; The Junkman; Gone in 60 Seconds (the original)). These are great movies, despite their lack of wagons. (Actually, The Junkman has a 78-81 Century Wagon roaming around as a news vehicle, equipped with the sporty wheels).

OK, OK...I'm showing my (lack of) age. I'm only 36. Puppy-breath, I know. :hide:

10. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Ah, the young and the restless! Good movie list, man! Do you write some of these scenes? You're good at it. I'm 60 this summer, and I remember most of those, but I love the way you describe them so vividly! Well done! A not-so-hidden talent! :thumbs2:

11. tbirdsps

tbirdsps New Member Charter Member

I know you are all talking movies but is anyone watching "Jericho"? I don't know what era this show is supposed to take place in but Jericho, Nebraska seems to have no cars newer than the late 70's and there are a couple of wagons. I've seen a Pontiac Parisienne for one. Last season there was an early Chevy Chevelle wagon.:rofl:

12. TopherS

Thanks! A lot of it comes from my passion to get others to see what I see (or to make them think how I think.:evilsmile: ). Actually, most of it comes from being a Probation/Parole Officer. I have to write reports day in/day out to the Court and Parole Board. They are only interested in the pertinent facts, but they also want a "big picture" snapshot of the client. Too little information and they think you're ideas are not well-considered or that you are trying to hide something. Too much information and they get bored and don't want to read the rest of your report, including your recommendation to lock the client up :evilsmile: (or not :162: ).

You have to grab your audience and keep 'em hooked or you lose them forever...

I don't know if I could come up with good enough ideas to write scenes. I know what I want to see, but I don't think I could flesh them out on paper. I think I'm better at reporting. :)

13. TopherS

I haven't see that show, but now my interest is piqued...I love 70's cars, so I'm gonna have to TIVO it and check it out.

14. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    Well, we're lucky to have your skills here. When we get the Winter Blahs or the Rev gets too down from all the rain on the West Coast ($arge, Stovebolt, etc.) you can tell us a story about the Wagon That Got Away from the Smelter. Seriously, your story 'grabbed' me. I was there waiting for the next episode. My forte is the occasional poem, but describing a scene, nope! :woohoo1: :You_Rock_Emoticon:

15. Stormin' Norman

Wagon Garage:
    I'm so fed up with TV (antenna) that it wants to be one heck of a show or in goes another DVD or VHS. 22 minutes of ads, every hour. I can't imagine paying a Cable fee to get fed so much junk. I heard some one is coming out with a set of the old Radio shows (The Shadow, Orson Wells, Twilight Zone, etc.), something to tweak the imagination.

The only one coming up here is a Canadian 2-part flick of Wolf-Hunters in 1873. Looks interesting.
    http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/index.jsp?program=The+Englishman's+Boy+(Part+1)

Other than that, we get to see a docu-drama of the British Monarchy's History:
    http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/prog...levision&startDate=2008/02/03&startTime=20:00

Or this new series about US and Canadian Border Security:
    http://www.cbc.ca/theborder/

I love my Movies, but TV doesn't promote the art of acting. Skin and Speed, Bullets and Arguments. Pablum... IMHO. :(