Yes I did it!

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by Bowser1989, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bowser1989

Bowser1989 New Member

Hey guys just got through one of those moments where nothing was working and after hours of thinking and working everything works...

My wagon wasn't starting at all so I smelled the exhaust still had fuel no spark. Replaced the cap and rotor and shazam it started :).

I was wondering if any of you guys ever gone through that too? I know mine was simple but here is another story of yes I did it!

With my Firebird I was swapping the gm 305 for a 350 (this is a TBI engine). After getting the block machined swapping pretty much everything and putting a TPI cam in it (don't ask lol) the thing sputtered and blew my exhaust off it sounded awful. Found out that it was running on only five cylinders and almost every other plug was fowled out. After a day of classes and exams (end of semester) I come to the thought that maybe if I check my valve adjustments that it might be better and sure enough with the valves adjusted correctly and a different chip in the computer I could lift the nose of the car slightly when I stepped on the go pedal!

Please share some of your stories!

2. teej

teej Well-Known Member

I kept having to fill my power steering fluid about every month or so because of a slow leak. It wasn't enough to be a big problem and I was dreading swapping in a new pump or rebuilding mine. Finally decided to bite the bullet and do it so I got a rag and started wiping fluid off the pump, steering gear, etc so that I could start taking stuff apart. When the rag hit the hose clamp on the steering gear, the clamp spun. Three turns with a screwdriver and I haven't had a leak since. I worried about that job for months and convinced myself it was going to be a PITA. Turns out it was a 2 minute job.

3. MagNite

MagNite New Member

Those 305's are garbage, especially in the Firebirds & Cameros. My brother had quite a few of them in Malibus and such. If I remember correctly, they have a tendency to leak oil into the cylinders and foul the spark plugs for one.