1976 Buick Regal sedan

Discussion in 'Car & Truck Talk' started by jwdtenn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

No, it is not what us old people know as a big block. But in defense of the seller, if he or she is a kid in their 40s or so and driving a 2 liter 4 pot that 350 V8 is a big one. Like this car. Nice example of the big American sedan that has now virtually disappeared. Seems to be turn key mechanically and certainly looks presentable enough. Someone should get the price down to the $3ks, throw some folding chairs into that big trunk, and enjoy their local car show circuit. It's even big enough to take the grandrkids for ice cream when they visit.

2. cammerjeff

cammerjeff Longroofs Rule!

Learned something new today (or relearned it can't be sure) Even the 75 GS did not have the 455 V8 as an option. I just read the 75 Brochure and it looks like the 2bbl 231 V6 was the standard engine on a Century GS in 1975! Wow what a performance machine, a 115hp V6 pulling a 4000lb car around with all the performance looks of the previously years 455 4bbl powered version.
    I know my 77 Century wagon with the 350 4bbl was no performance machine, and it was a very base model car, A/C and a rear window air deflector, along with full hub caps being its only options.