1967 Ford CS / Factory or custom????

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Projects' started by pipedreams, Jul 13, 2010.

1. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
    What does everyone think about my restoration? I would like some honest opinions. Im thinking about making this car more modern. I would like to do new paint with airbrushed wood and some nice custom wheels. Possibly 20's in the back with 18's in the front. Im definitely going to keep the interior in stock colors. I will also procure the fiberglass wood trim to keep the car together. I definitely want to tint the windows to shade the interior from the hot Eastern Washington sun. I would love to hear everyones opinion good or bad. Thanks everyone.

2. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
  3. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    pipe...just do what ya want...if ya look at the guys on here with the same era cars....your gonna see...it s all about what ya like !!

personally.....just as long as its not a door on a Honda....then im stoked with whatever you do :thumbs2:

leave it patina:thumbs2:...resto mod:thumbs2:...pro touring:thumbs2:....70 muscle:thumbs2:

whatever...we got your back:cheers:

4. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks a lot for the reply! Im glad to hear that. I didnt want to get chastised for ruining a car.

5. Stormin' Norman

Stormin' Norman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Mine is Mustang size without the weight, so I won't change the wheel/suspension geometry. She handles like she's glued to the road. That would be my only concern with big diameter wheels.

I like your idea of painting the faux wood. If I had to do mine again, that's what I'd do too. The old vinyl stuff was cooked on in its 21 years in Mexico, before we brought it to Canada. Almost felt like I was carving it off! :D

Mine had that Mirror tint plastic when we got it, all bubbled and sun-baked. The car was cooler with the AC on, but I'm sure the stuff helped.

Like the Rev said. Do it like Tom wants it and forget Dick and Harry. :rofl2:

6. the Rev

the Rev senior junior Charter Member

Wagon Garage:
    ..."beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"....:rofl2:

personally...i like my cars all OG and rusty....:thumbs2:
    just all the mechanicals working!
    I like it when guys say..."shes gonna be nice when ya finish her"...
    ...and i say..."what do you mean?...shes done!"

they never quite know what to say back:rofl2:

60's rust was the best rust:yup:

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Do it the way YOU want it, Tom.

That being said, i guess what you're looking for is some ideas, so OK.......

If I had that '67 Country Squire, I would.....
    - Try to keep the exterior basically 'factory looking', but upgrade the running gear.

- 4-wheel discs all around. I'm sure there's a Ford rear-disc axle from something that should fit. Probably already has front discs, but they could maybe be upgraded as well.
    - Bigger wheels and tires. Probably some modern alloys off of a later Ford model. For the '67, either 16" or 17" - certainly no bigger - would look a bit too racer-boyish.
    - Upgraded handling - the full Hotchkiss kit. Jay Leno had it done to his '66 7-Litre. Look it up on his site.
    - Leather bucckets and console from a 7-litre. Check out the pictures of this '67 7-Liter convert.....
    http://www.mikesclassiccars.net/viewlisting.php?listing_id=59278

If I couildn't find a real '67 console with buckets, i would not be adverse to putting something in from another later Ford, as long as it doesn't look too out of place.

- Body and paint I'd leave pretty much stock.

8. wixom61

wixom61 Well-Known Member

Hey pipe, for your seats, go with '67 tbird seats and console. These aren't too hard to find from a parts bird, standard equip...trim the console off to meet up with your ccp...redo seat upholstery to match. Slick! Wheels, go with old school types. David

9. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm really liking the tbird interior option. That would look sharp. I'm going to start looking now

10. snooterbuckets

snooterbuckets Well-Known Member

I agree with everybody else in that it's totally up to you and your likes. Personally, I much prefer totally stock original, but hey, that's me. I've seen some gorgeous mods out there that blow me away so do what makes you happy. I'll be eager to see the finished product regardless of which way you decide to go.

11. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
    Thanks snooter

12. Ford Nut

Ford Nut Well-Known Member

pipe

You do whatever flips your flopper.:jumping:
    I like mine stock looks with restomod drive train.(y)
    Welcome to the club.:Welcome:
    Rick

13. VTWAGONLOVER

VTWAGONLOVER Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome:Good looking wagon... I like 'em stock, and I like 'em custom... If I were going to rebuild a car (new paint, interior, etc), I would likely go the custom route, because I like the creativity of it...

There's no "wrong" way to build it (unless you do a 8" lift with 30's maybe...) - it's your car to enjoy - look around and see what makes you happy. I personally could picture it black with airbrushed woodgrain and the 18's and 20's you mentioned... Add air ride to set her low, and you'd have a mean lookin' cruiser...:dance:

Whatever you do, I can't wait to see the evolution... Thats the fun part for the rest of us - watching it evolve...(y)

14. pipedreams

pipedreams New Member

Wagon Garage:
    442 black with dark cherry airbrushed wood is exactly what I was seeing with this car. I also considered baggin it. Great minds think alike