Welcome CPT BOB - 1967 Ford Country Sedan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Scramblizer, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Scramblizer

Scramblizer Member

Hey out there,

in January 2022 I took sponsorhip for this used but complete and almost rustfree 1967 Ford Country Sedan. I am currently in the state of repairs in regards of safety and reliability. Cosmetics will follow later. The plan is NOT to restore it but to keep it in a fully operational state for another half century. The original owner, a 94 year old resident of Maine who was nicknamed Cpt Bob, passed away last year. I am the second owner now and I definately do my very best to keep it on the (currently european) roads for everyone to enjoy.

Some Details:
    Your vehicle was equipped with the following features: - Courtesy Light Group - 8.45X15-4 Ply Rated White Sidewall Rayon Tires - Body Side Moldings - Power Rear Window - Power Steering - AM Radio - Wheel Covers

E Built at Mahwah
    71 Country Sedan 4-Door 6-Pass. Wagon
    C 289-2V V-8 Engine
    Serial Number of this Ford scheduled for production at Mahwah
    71B Country Sedan 4-Door 6-Pass. Wagon
    W Clearwater Aqua Paint, Ford #1908-A 7
    K Aqua Vinyl Bench Seat 31
    H Scheduled for build August 31, 1966
    11 Boston DSO (District Sales Office)
    6 2.80 Conventional Rear Axle
    X FX Select Shift Automatic Transmission

Be aware - I will come up with a load of questions and probably some useful answers, too... ;)

Cheers, Markus

Attached Files:

markfnc and kevdupuis like this.
  2. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Welcome to the forums Markus! Looks like Cpt. Bob took exceptional care of your new acquisition! How's the interior? Best of luck keeping your longroof going for another 50 plus years!.....Longroofs Rule!

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

She's a real beauty! Sounds like you have some great plans for it. Thanks for inviting us all along on the journey.

Scramblizer likes this.
  4. Wagonrodder

Wagonrodder Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    That is one beautiful car you have there sir! lets all get started answering those questions! many very knowledgeable wagoneers here that love to help! and we love pics! welcome to the forum! Terry

5. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

Welcome.

6. Scramblizer

Scramblizer Member

Well, imho Cpt Bob used to maintain this car more like a craftsman than a mechanic and kept it fully operational for the five decades - I found some quite interesting solutions to challenges... ;-)

The Aqua Vinyl Bench Seat needs a new cover and the carpet is worn out. Besides that, it looks used but complete and after spending a day and a half with interior cleaning it appears clean with some patina. I like that.

So if any of you knows a source where to get the front bench cover in the proper design from, please let me know... Most of the vendors I looked up do not even list the station wagons, only sedans. Perhaps the front bench is identical...?

IMG_20220717_115738971_HDR.jpg IMG_20220717_112049993.jpg IMG_20220715_111747666.jpg

Attached Files:

markfnc likes this.
  7. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    What a stunning car. Ford had some beautiful paint colors. Glad you plan to run her. Good luck with her, and thank you so much for the pictures, as well as an outline of your plans. Happy motoring! As they said in their advertising. “ Ride the new waive of Ford Wagons, you’re ahead in a Ford — all the way!” The Galaxie 500 and Country Sedan would be the same seat pattern. You may want to check with SMS in Oregon. They have a complete array of interior vinyls and fabrics.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Scramblizer likes this.
  8. kevdupuis

kevdupuis Membrane

The sedan & wagon bench are the same so if you found repro front upholstery for a sedan then you are good to go.
    Myself when I restored my 66 7 Litre I used Dearborn Classics which is now owned by "Macs auto parts", I've included a link if you're interested https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_dearborn

I haven't dealt with them since Macs' took over so you'll need to search & possibly inquire as to what is available.

Scramblizer and 60Mercman like this.
  9. Scramblizer

Scramblizer Member

Thanks, Mercman and Kevdupuis for the confirmation that sedan and wagon benches are identical. I will give SMS in Oregon a try!. MACS I try to avoid, out of four orders I placed neither one shipped due to "unavailability of items / status backordered" though their Warehouse-Website shows "In Stock". And overseas they only ship "complete orders" which makes sense. But they don't tell you that your order is delayed, you have to call them to ask why you haven't received a shipping info after a week or so... Not good...

Anyways, have a nice weekend! Markus

IMG_20220120_175303235_HDR-03.jpeg

10. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    You’re welcome. They may also have the carpet you need.

11. fannie

fannie Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    [​IMG]

Wow! It looks great.

Welcome aboard.:tiphat:

60Mercman likes this.
  12. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Great looking. Do you have a full set of ‘67 wheel covers? Thought I saw those on the drivers side. Double checked. ‘65 there too. They’re also a good looking wheel cover. Was just curious.

13. Scramblizer

Scramblizer Member

No, it unfortunately came with no covers at all and those where the only ones I found that would ship for a reasonable price over here to Germany. I like that style very much, too and if you happen to find a set of '67s please drop me a note. I was also thinking about spray painting the rims in Bob's Clearwater Aqua paint tone and use dog dishes instead... Even harder to find over here, though...

14. Scramblizer

Scramblizer Member

Some more of the interior as promised...

IMG_20220811_153029083.jpg

IMG_20220811_153053860.jpg

markfnc and OrthmannJ like this.
  15. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Lovely.