1976 Mercury Marquis Colony Park

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by jwdtenn, Feb 23, 2021.

1. jwdtenn

jwdtenn Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I like those seats. Is that factory?

3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yes. The seats are the optional leather seats. The wood tone application however has been replaced. Colony Park wood tone was a non planked rosewood. But, as jwdtenn pointed out it is really a high optioned car. Can’t find in the description but I would assume a 460, the only options you can’t see for sure are intermittent wipers, and any passenger seat power or recliner. The only visible non option is the rocker panel molding. But a really nice car.

4. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    Just refreshed and Said no longer available. If it sold for $3,500 someone got one heck of a car.

5. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Unfortunately, unlike sold or expired listings, I can't access this as a "completed listing", so I can't double check the description. If memory serves (and it often doesn't), it claimed the trailer towing package. The class III package, at least, required the 460, I believe. They did claim it had a Quadrasonic 8-track, and I'm pretty sure that didn't arrive until 1977. It could have been swapped in, of course. I think all the radio and tape player chassis in the big cars of this era were interchangeable. They also claimed the replacement woodgrain was correct. I think it's correct for the Country Squire of that year, but, as you pointed out, it's not right for the CP. For $3500, it wouldn't be too hard to live with.

6. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

The listing can still be accessed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Mercu...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

As far as trailer towing, it says simply "heavy duty trailer package."

7. Country Sedan

Country Sedan .

Wagon Garage:
    Fifth character of Vin "A" = 460. The engine pix show it is a 460. The Hydro=boost brakes required the 460. If the exhaust is factory, duals only came on the 460.

8. 60Mercman

Wagon Garage:
    View attachment 70369 View attachment 70369 View attachment 70368 Yeah the engine looked 460. I went back and looked at the 24 pics and didn’t see the Vin. And since it showed unavailable the text was not showing up. Also in looking again at the pictures I could see it looked like the wiper slit was elongated indicating it probably has intermittent wipers. Would sure love to know what happened with this auction cause the pictures also show $1,976 open with no bids. The plot thickens. Hopefully a member, or a potential new member bought it and we’ll see it appear. Sure love those ‘73-‘78 Squires and CP’s. Love all of them, but learned to drive in a creme ‘76 like that one, only ours had the gold interior. I was pleased when I found my ‘77. Same wheelcovers as ours, only with a brown interior, which I actually don’t mind. 034A7747-84C0-4100-9143-DF0D2A6C6575.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Country Sedan and markfnc like this.
  9. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I followed your link. 460 and intermittent wipers are in the description. I assume "no longer available" means that the seller changed his mind, he sold it locally, or he made a deal with an ebay buyer outside of ebay to avoid the fees (it has happened). Of course, it might reappear at a higher price -- either offered by the current seller or by a flipper.

Advice to whomever ends up with it: Don't fool with the Motorcraft 4350 carb. It only works right if all the smog components are working right, too. Some of these are difficult to impossible to obtain. I spent a lot of money on the 4350 on mine. Replacement with a Holley was a factory approved procedure.

60Mercman likes this.