1967 Ford Country Squire Wagon 4 speed with counsole

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by markfnc, May 19, 2020.

1. Professor

Professor Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    He was somewhat speechless at first. But he did wish him luck and left it at that.

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

$26,000 with 3 days to go. long way to $75k, but i could see a big jump in last 6 hours.

3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Enlighten me. I’m having a hard time understanding $75k. Is it the engine, trans. Combo? I don’t think it would be worth that much completely restored:huh:it was owned by the barn finders guy but who cares?! Maybe it comes with a $50,000 lottery ticket?

4. annap01gt

annap01gt Blue Safari

With Grizz on this. Am repeating myself on these forums but sometimes a rare car is valuable and sometimes it is just rare. This "one of x" thinking is a big deal with the Mustangers and probably a lot of the muscle car folks but just don't see it with wagons at this time. Maybe the letter with Iacoco's signature is worth a few $100.

5. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Agree with all said. Yes this is rare car, but it’s a USED car. If the story had been he knew it was a one off car and kept it on a velvet pillow, and it was pristine with 114 miles on the clock, then maybe could see the lure. But just to have bragging rights and a car that looks like a really used wagon, no offense I just don’t see it.

Country Sedan likes this.
  6. Country Sedan

Country Sedan .

Wagon Garage:
    It is indeed an interesting car. But I think it should be fully restored, even if it had some mileage on it, to ask for top dollar....but not ridiculous money.

7. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I can see it being worth maybe $60k, if it were completely restored, but you would have to locate that buyer who also thinks it's worth that much, and has the shimolians to do the deal.

8. KevinVarnes

KevinVarnes Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think the car is way cool, but $48k is ridiculous. I could have just as much fun with a 1967 Ford Country Squire that I swapped a 428 and four speed trans into, but to be honest I'd rather have an aftermarket 5 or 6 speed with overdrive so highway driving would be more pleasant along with a lot of other suspension and brake upgrades. I don't really give a crap who this Barn Find Hunter guy is.

9. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I guess it did. Although like that ‘78 for $45, I am hard put to see $48 in this. I think unless his car friends are total gear heads and like the one off feature, a lot of people I would think might shake their heads. Oh well his dime not mine.

10. Doghead

Doghead Well-Known Member

If his wife's saying the same thing, he's in trouble and likely on his way to the cleaners
    At least, if there's no way out of forking over big bucks for a wagon like that, it's better to start from scratch and modify it the way you want to than to buy someone else's unrestored oddball with that money

11. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Wow, didn't follow this over the weekend. Can't believe it sold for $47,750. Basically went from 30k to 47K over the last day. Very fun to read all the comments on the BAT site on this bid. Lots of great wagon memories growing up for people.