What fender skirts fit 65 vista cruiser?

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by wagoninsane, Oct 3, 2019.

1. wagoninsane

wagoninsane Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I'm sure that there's a fender skirt that fits but I keep getting told that f-85 and cutlass ones won't work! ?? Can anyone enlighten me to what would work? Thank you in advance.....Longroofs Rule!

2. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Not sure what you're talking about here. Fender skirts were never offered from the factory for any F-85 or Cutlass, let alone a Vista Cruiser. If you're talking aftermarket, that's something else.

3. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Well I believe I'm talking about fender skirts. ?? Factory or otherwise... is there anything available? Apparently there's only aftermarket out there?....Longroofs Rule!

4. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Sooooo... nobody has any info. on whether there's fender skirts available for a 65 vista cruiser?.....Longroofs Rule!

5. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

AFAIK, no skirts were made for wagons. But, that doesn't preclude you from adapting a set from a sedan; you'd likely need the fender areas from the donor's quarter panels, graft them onto your wagon's body, so the skirts fit and have the proper attachment points.

6. jaunty75

jaunty75 Middling Member

Fender skirts were not made for A-body sedans, either. The only 1965 Oldsmobile that came with fender skirts was the highest-end Ninety- Eight. I think trying to adapt fender skirts from a Ninety-Eight, assuming you could find any, to fit a Vista Cruiser would be a nightmare. As can be seen below, the skirts on the 98 are horizontal across the top while the wheel well opening on the Cutlasses and Vista Cruisers was mostly rounded at the top.

Of course, none of the precludes the possibility of finding skirts from some other make that would be easier to adapt. But the VC would have none of the hold-down hardware nor the proper finish of the fender edges around the wheel opening. You'd be basically starting from scratch, and, frankly, I can't imagine that, in the end, the look would be worth trouble. These cars are great-looking as they are. Why fix what ain't broken?

1965 Oldsmobile Prestige-23-24-25.jpg

1965 Oldsmobile Prestige-23-24-25 - cropped 1.jpg

1965 Oldsmobile Prestige-23-24-25.jpg

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

OK. I wasn't aware the intermediates didn't have skirts, but it makes sense, as the intermediates weren't meant to be the most luxuriant.

8. wagoninsane

Wagon Garage:
    Thank you all for the enlightening. I had seen listings for F-85's and Cutlass fender skirts and thought there might be ones for my wagon. Thanks again for the information...... Longroofs Rule!