1985 Colony Park

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by MAK, Jul 10, 2019.

1. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well everyone it is time for my great wagon to go, sad but true. Since retiring I find that I have even less time driving the wagon than before, and have it sit just makes me crazy. Car was just got inspected (Virginia) and once again they were shocked that the couldn't find anything wrong.

I am asking $7250. which I think is fair and reasonable.
    I am going to post just some of the pictures and can't get the video to post? Car looks outstanding, but it is a driver so there are some flaws but from 5' away it looks new.

Description
    1985 Mercury Colony Park Wagon with 60,810 original miles. The car is in excellent shape for a 34 year old wagon. The car is extremely clean inside and out and solid underneath. The Trim is in outstanding shape as is the woodgrain. It has not been replaced! The paint is the original silver and shines nicely. The paint is a little faded but nothing that that takes away from the beautiful appearance of this car. The interior is in excellent shape as is the cargo area. The seats have been redyed and there is some deep cracking on the driver’s side, but none go all the way thought the leather. The undercarriage picture is representative of the condition of the car underneath. It is SOLID with normal surface rust, door bottoms and wheel arches have been treated with KB 3 step process (No Rust thrus or soft areas). The dash board has a minor crack on the edge in the middle. The headliner is excellent with no sagging. It is in excellent shape!!! Mechanically the car is in terrific condition, in the past 2 years this is a broad overview of the work that has been performed ( replaced with new); AC has been converted, most hoses, gaskets, seals have been replaced, Starter, solenoid and battery have been replaced, tires replaced with Firestone 710, Spark plug wiring and distributor replaced, radio replaced with Kenwood Bluetooth KDC BT368u detachable face with 13-digit LCD display and variable-color illumination (kept original radio), Original speakers replaced with Kicker speakers. Doors lock (3) and window (2) actuator’s replaced. Clock replaced (used – new no longer avail). Current Virginia state inspection. I have the Dealers Auto Check report from when I purchased the car

This is just a really NICE example of a Colony Park wagon. The pictures attest to the condition of the car. Get a real drivable classic without spending a lot of money. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask me any questions.
    Pictures
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg 30.jpg

Poison_Ivy likes this.
  2. sinc76

sinc76 Well-Known Member

List it on that Bat auction site. Seems like wagons are bringing all the money there and yours is loaded and a nice color combination.

markfnc likes this.
  3. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Really sweet car. Good luck with it.

4. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sinc76
    Thanks I submitted it to BAT for their approval. Video I submitted along with full size pics
    "C:\Users\MAK\Videos\IMG_2830.MOV"

5. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well think I got it sold, listed both on Cars on Line and eBay, Cars on Line at $7250 eBay bid $7050. Bidder is from Sweden
    Doubt that will go thru he has yet to pay or respond to congratulatory email. per terms of listing he is in default.
    Cars on line buyer is from Tenn. Have 2 others that are "still" deciding and 1 trying to convince his wife.
    will let you know the outcome.

6. 60Mercman

60Mercman Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Sounds like you have some options. That’s good that car deserved to bring some extra bucks it’s a beauty.

7. MAK

MAK Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
  8. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Sorry as always to hear that you are selling, but I really hope it finds a good home. It's such a nice car!