Year:
Color:
white
Engine:
8 Cylinder
Vehicle:
BUICK|ESTATE WAGON
  1. littlealgie7

littlealgie7 Run out of money to keep everybody happy.

Wagon Garage:
    littlealgie7 submitted a new Garage Item:

1990 Buick Lesabre Estate wagon

Read more about this garage item here...

2. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    The 1991 Buick Lesabre Estate Wagon has met the end of my patients. Battery went dead & none of the electrical, Door locks windows power seat A/C plus many more have quit working. I replaced many cut up & melted wires & connectors. FOR SALE WITH WHEELS & TIRES $6500. NO WHEELS OR ENGINE RELATED HOLLEY CARB & ACCELL DISTRIBUTOR $4500. Tired of working on it. reply here or to toddalgieyoung@gmail.com

3. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    I still have this 1990 Buick Lesbre estate wagon. I have tried to find a place to have her painted. Nobody wants to do the work on this big canvas. Runs & drives great. Just needs paint & a new headliner. For Sale

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

No one wants to paint your car? That's crazy. I hate how most of the shops these days are only interested in insurance work.

5. littlealgie7

Wagon Garage:
    Took to closest GM repair. They said no. Several independent places told me a long wait & $5000 to prep for paint. Then a unknown $$$$$ painting. Those independent shops still have not called 2 years later. Hagerty sent me to places they have dealt with. Same answer as GM. Give them the check I got for totaling Wagon & then more. I spent the check getting the front end parts. Money all gone. I replaced Radiator support, Grill, Bumper, Fenders hood & radiator. The windshield needs to be reset. Leaks. I covered top of windshield with tape to stop leak. Just am disappointed with the whole classic car restoration. I worked through High School at neighbor who did body repair & paint. I sanded a 1965 Buick 4 door by myself in prep to paint. Guess those kind of people & body shops not around any more?

Attached Files:

6. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

You're right. Those places seem to have gone the way of the livery stable. We have a body shop right next door to our business. It's called Auto Art. The owner used to build amazing cars. We asked him if he would do a Bronco for us last year. He said no. All he does now is insurance work.

It's certainly disheartening.