63 Meteor Custom Cruiser woody on Craigslist in Ohio

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Auctions, Craigs List and Other Stat' started by Jim 68cuda, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

This is pretty rare. NOT mine. I've never even seen a 63 Country Cruiser.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/1963-mercury-meteor/6740874480.html

1963 Mercury Meteor - $3500

call or text:

☎ (937) 815-7715
    1963 Mercury Meteor Wagon. Car is from Montana. Motor turns over but needs carb, gas tank and brakes. This would be a great winter project. Only 1485 of these Country Cruisers made in 1963. No calls after 10pm please. No trades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Looks solid from here

Messiewag.jpg

3. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Another Mercury one-year-only wagon..........

4. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That's pretty neat. If it's not all rusted out he might get his asking price.

5. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    This model is even rarer than an Edsel Bermuda, but I don't think it has anywhere near the Bermuda's value on the collector market. Not only have I never seen one, I've never even seen a picture of one other than in factory photos and brochures.

It appears there's a problem with the rear suspension, and the body looks well worn. It's going to require some bucks to make presentable and a full resto would almost certainly cost more than the market value of a restored example. I would imagine only those with a particular love for this model or a particular appreciation of its historical significance -- and who have the money to spend -- would undertake a resto.

I would tend to think that $3500 for a Fairlane Squire in comparable condition would be unreasonably high, but the extreme rarity of the Meteor might go quite a way towards justifying such an asking price. Might.

Personally, I'd love to have a Meteor Country Cruiser. Imagine it in a set with a '63 Comet Villager and Colony Park. Alas, the garage is full and the bank account isn't.

Jim 68cuda likes this.
  6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Judging by the surroundings, I'd guess that whoever stored it also filled it with heavy junk which caused the springs to sag even more than they already did

7. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Good point. I would say that is a good good possibility indeed.

8. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda Well-Known Member

And thats how it starts. Then you'll need a 63 Country Squire. Fairlane Squire and Falcon Squire to complete the set. But then you realize you'll need a British 63 Ford Cortina Squire to really make the set complete. Then you realize the Australian Falcon Squire is different enough from the US version with it's shorter over all length and it's use of the earlier 60-61 style front fenders, so you'll need an Aussie 63 Falcon Squire too.

9. ctrysquire

ctrysquire Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Well, I hadn't originally thought of the Brit and the Aussie cars, but now that you mention it...

Jim 68cuda likes this.
  10. Fat Tedy

Fat Tedy Island Red Neck

As for the low rider/dead springs look... They IMO had under rated springs from day one. 1983 my 2nd car was a 62 Beatoer 221, 3 on the tree 4 door, it had that low rider look and yet still a solid car ( Great Car!)..... taking corners was a :character0182: especially considering seat belts were options, the body lean was a hang on for life to the steering wheel, and the crash from passengers on the bench taking rite corners. Farlanes alike, ( Fords were more plentiful over mid size Beatoers) back then all had that saggy low rider look and a lot all original were around. They just didn't get the "spring" they rally needed. Can not confirm but have heard they got the exact same springs rating as the much lighter Falcons of the time witch would explain the low look in a bit heavier car, and as how many years go by.....