(cloud of rust appears) Cough, hello from Illinois with a 1963 Fairlane Ranch Wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by CrabSpirits, Nov 30, 2017.

1. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

:lolup:

2. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Looks like there's "foot room" for Wilma too.

On another subject (since Crab was wondering) I don't suppose I'm too much of a purist, I'm welcome to modifications to a degree (especially if it doesn't have seat belts and has a solid steering column but they have to match the interior) but if it's a 70-75 Citroën DS I'm more of a purist; I don't attack people over cars that even went this far though:

[​IMG]

This DS is in Cuba (so I'll keep that in mind) and I also don't need the aggravation; I'll just (at most if I don't like it) respectfully disagree if it's outside Cuba. I feel like there are plenty of old cars sitting around gathering dust and rust in barns and junkyards anyway so there should be more than plenty of room for cars to keep original and cars to modify.

I'm also a fan of those modified ICON Derelict cars; they're not original but for the most part they look original to an untrained eye (maybe except for the wheels.)

[​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.
  3. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    So much for an effective embargo, if it's possible to still get western goods like that post-initiated Embargo Citroen through. It's obviously not the Cubans' fault that they can't get parts. Those horrible modifications they end up doing are just reactions to getting pushed into a corner.
    That above Ratrod still has its charachter (at least, as seen from its exterior) and the suspension has been improved. What's important is not to erase its identity of which the customizer did a good job in refraining from just that. The only thing I find irritating is the patina. But, that's just a personal opinion. Not trying to set a standard

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    :Welcome: to the forum. Somehow I missed these posts. Being born and almost raised in central Illinois I've seen a few floor pans like those in your wagon. Nothing that a few flatttened beer cans and traffic signs can't fix. At least that's what I've found a time or two.
    Keep us updated on your progress.

5. 101Volts

101Volts Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I heard the higher-ups in Cuba could still get new cars in the 60s and 70s, the DS above may have been just that until someone else got it.

The Derelict cars are supposed to look ratty so the owner doesn't need to take care of the looks as much.

There's a 17 minute video of the Derelict car here, the head of the company talks about what they did to the car (sadly IMO there aren't any 3 point seat belts for this one unlike others they worked on: )

6. Poison_Ivy

Poison_Ivy Dogzilla Fan

Wagon Garage:
    Well, at least, resulting accident injuries shouldn't lose their classic identity, either [​IMG]

ModelT1 likes this.
  7. CrabSpirits

CrabSpirits Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    OrthmannJ and ModelT1 like this.