Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon "Glamour Shots", and 200-mile Texas Hill Country Roadmastering Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Station Wagon Discussions' started by 81X11, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Oh. My. God. My mouth is doing the Lemon Merengue over that Lemon Meringue pie! Dad and I cannot, for our miserable lives, find anyone up here that serves a decent meringue pie.

2. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    Yep, that cafe is EVIL. ;)

3. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

Awesome photos Mike.
    Looks like you all had quite the memorable experience.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you Marshall. I used to like his show, but I got to the point that I realized I liked Aaron (and some of the other crew members) and found Mr. Rawlings more and more.... annoying. Once Aaron left, I did the same.

That makes two of us. Maybe I can come down to your place Marshall and hitch a ride. We'll have to take The Way Back Machine. The Fury isn't up for a roadtrip of that magnitude at the moment. I'll split the cost of fuel...

81X11 likes this.
  4. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

I missed something. Aaron left? The last show I saw was just after Rawlings began to rent the building that backed the big shop. Aaron left. Good for him. He may have been a Chebby guy, but he was the 'cooler head' that prevailed, IMHO.

81X11 likes this.
  5. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    Ah, Aaron was ok... I got the feeling he was " too cool" for a lot of stuff. At the car shows he would always make a point to tell how unimpressed he was with everything there. The old "been there done that attitude." The beard was ridiculous. He mumbled. And his idea for everything was air bags and stupid oversized wheels. I like a lot of jay Leno's stuff. Guys who really have a passion for their car. Mostly Old guys who have had and worked on them themselves to get them to show quality. Not some guy who can afford to drop $80,000 on a hankering. A lot of those shows have to have clowns as filler. That being said, Richard was fond of drinking miller lite. Soooo, He can't be all that bad. Hey mike, what was the special of the day in that warehouse sized gimmick? Chicken tenders and tater tots??

6. 81X11

81X11 Well-Known Member

Wagon Garage:
    I think Aaron had most of the talent in that place. The others just followed his lead. I too really don't watch that show anymore.