Sold the wagon, kept the toys...

Discussion in 'Station Wagon Memorabilia & Toys' started by TujungaKid, Oct 5, 2017.

1. TujungaKid

TujungaKid Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I have a "Travel Room" and what better toys represents fun and travel? Stations Wagons pulling trailers that's what lol. It's a small humble collection and I keep it fun not competitive.

Attached Files:

jjdag likes this.
  2. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I love your travel room. Since I am no longer working on full sized wagons a travel room with travel trailers and toy wagons would be nice. We already turned a small third bedroom into a laundry room wiih mostly empty wall shelves behind the waser-dryer.
    I'm going to keep my eyes out for some cheap small RV's and toy vehicles. While living in Floriida among flea markets and yard sales this would have been easy.
    I'll have to be careful. My wife was a semi-hoarder before we moved. She bought things that were cheap, then we gave bags of things to consignment shops. I convinced her that wasn't cheap.
    Thanks.

3. Grizz

Grizz Are we there yet???

Wagon Garage:
    I don't know what a travel room is but I like what you got there! Really neat collection and you don't have to constantly change oil with all those cars! Good deal! Model t my wife would be a horder if I let her. She's always accepting junk from people because it's free. For instance recently she accepted "hand me downs" from one of her friends. Only problem is her boys are both grown and about to graduate high school. My boy is....3. :coco:Now we have not one but two full sized trash bags full of teenagers clothing. I can't fit in any either... I tried... I have an "app" on my phone that you can sell junk. I've already sold a lot of the wife's stuff. I tell her if I have to pick it up three times it's going into the sale pile!!!:rant2:

ModelT1 likes this.
  4. ModelT1

ModelT1 Still Lost in the 50's

Wagon Garage:
    I've already sold a lot of the wife's stuff. I tell her if I have to pick it up three times it's going into the sale pile!!!:rant2:

We'll watch for you on TV, Divorce Court!:yikes:

It was kinda sorta partially my fault. While here in Illinois my wife and different friends hit all the summer yard sales. Of course she had to grab all of the bargains. She filled three walk in closets, a spare bedroom that I hadn't seen the bed in years, and after our son moved out she began saving things in that bedroom she couldn't live without because they were 'cute' and cheap.:slap:

I retired and part of those bargains went in the trash, some to thrift shops, and to friends I didn't like so their husbands got the junk.:lolup:
    In Florida we lived in the boonies. She had no way to get to yard sales and those pesky flea markets. I was curious what some of the neighbor places looked like buried in he woods so I'd take her to yard sales.:coco:
    Again priceless bargains were drug home. She used 'you buy car parts' as leverage. We lived in a double wide mobil home with a room added front and back. I'll swear by the time we got ready to move it all settled 10" in the sand!:(
    So again we hauled bags off to Good and Bad Will, churches, and anywhere I could dump crap.
    So far in 15 months she hasn't been to a yard sale back in Illinois. If I need a cheap item I email my kids to be on the lookout while they are yard saleing.

I'd say T-Kid's travel room is a small room for model cars, mostly wagons, and little RV's. From some of your posts I'm guessing your travel junk is in the garage and other places. You need to condense and make a travel spot. It could be a corner in the living room, bedroom, or your X-wife's closet after you load up a few more trash bags.:whew:

Grizz likes this.
  5. rrbnut

rrbnut 1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Wagon Garage:
    awesome!!!

6. uncledave

uncledave Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    Nice collection, I have the '59 Ford Ranchero that was made by the same company that did your '59 Ford Wagon.

7. Silvertwinkiehobo

Silvertwinkiehobo "Everything that breaks starts with 'F.'"

Do you have a pic of that Ranchero model?

8. uncledave

uncledave Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I rotate my display toys and it is packed away right now. It is molded in red, trying to remember what toy company made it. I also have a baby tbird by the same company. Next time I am in the basement I will try to remember to open that box and get a pic for you.

9. Silvertwinkiehobo

That would be cool, but don't put yourself out about it.

uncledave likes this.
  10. OrthmannJ

OrthmannJ Always looking for old ford crew cabs

That's a great display. I'm always happy to see folks put their stuff out, even if they don't have room for it all. It's great to be able to see and enjoy it.

11. TujungaKid

TujungaKid Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    I forgot I posted this stuff. Since then I bought another wagon so I guess the toys are relevant again lol.

12. OrthmannJ

Sooooo, what did you get?

13. TujungaKid

TujungaKid Active Member

Wagon Garage:
    1965 Mercury Colony Park. I posted my find a few weeks ago. :)

14. Silvertwinkiehobo

I don't know if you found your Ranchero, but I found my Tonka ones:

IMG_20180202_194030188 (640x360).jpg

jjdag, uncledave and OrthmannJ like this.
  15. OrthmannJ

Well, somehow I missed that. Sounds like a sweet ride.